• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Detecting Counterfeit ISOMs?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I believe mine is fake for three reasons:

1) The length does not match the Cigar Afficionado listing.
2) The cap is not a signature ISOM "triple cap" but a single line cap.
3) The wrapper shades vary from incredibly light maduro/dark natural and an almost claro shade.

I have two identical cigars, sent to me by a buddy across the country. He claims they came from the same box, but really doesn't know much about cigars.

Any good links or tips?

Send them to me, I'll give them a thorough, in-depth examination and report my findings....

Oh c'mon... somebody had to do it!
Dave ;)

CA has a counterfeit gallery that shows the bands. Either the bands are right or their not. Even if they are right, doesn't mean they are real. Second, the quality control for many ISOM's have been hit or miss lately. Smoke it...if it is truely ****y, well do what you do to ****y cigars...

Emo

Good call, Emo. If it's not a Cuban, I should be able to tell. These things were like rocks when I unpacked them. They will need to age, so I will report back with findings later.

At least one in ten does not have the triple cap in my experience, but the wrapper colors should be very close if they came from the same box.

Your biggest indicator is the length being off. If it's more than 3/16 of an ich over or under, may have a fake. Smoke it and see though.