• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Detroit Tigers

billbaker3

Alright people here is your chance to bash my Tigers. What the hell is wrong with this team? If the pitching is on then the hitters look like they should be in T-ball. On paper we should have an awsome team, but thats paper. We have the same starters, pretty much, that we had the last few years. The main problem is the hitting. 19 runs in a game then crap. CRAP I TELL YOU!!!!

What do you guys think is wrong?

At least we still have the Wings and Pistons.

Well, after watching them play my Angels for the last 2 nights, it seems to me they have alot of "I" in their "team".

It looked like they had very little comradery, they were not agressive on the bases, the bench and bullpen seem to be weak and their fielding is lacking on fundamental plays.

With sheffield hurt, rodney and zumaya out and Carlos guillen playing in pain with hemroids, things aren't gonna get better anytime soon it seems.

Not to say the angels don't have their own problems....no one on the team can hit lately, and our 2nd, 3rd, and ss are all on the DL. In the last 21 innings, we have scored 4 runs..... One of which was walked in, and the other was wild pitched in.

Rather than ask whats wrong with them....why not ask whats right about them?

We are still within shouting range in the standings. 7.5 games out, 2 games behind the indians, but its going to take a lot of work to make that climb out.

The pitching is dismal. The move for Willis was ok but surely hasn't turned out great...yet. Bonderman is the next coming of Jeff Weaver...a guy who gets lots of praise and is always supposed to be great but never pans out. Rogers is just old and tired, and Verlander is turning into Rick Ankiel. Robertson...well he is what he always is and thats subpar at best. The only bright spot in the pitching staff is Galaragga.

Pimpin is right however. There are a ton of individuals. But the problem is we don't have any real strengths right now. I mean if your hitting sucks but your pitching is great or vice versa then you can survive. But when both are horrible, not much you can do and they feed off each other. In this case for the worse.

Looks like it just got a little worse too..... sorry man.

From Rotoworld:

"Tigers placed RHP Jeremy Bonderman on the 15-day disabled list due to a blood clot of the axillary vein.

Bonderman had a surgery similar to the one Aaron Cook had two years ago and figures to miss the rest of the season. It's a big blow to the Tigers' chances, though it's not like Bonderman was looking like an ace this season. Armando Galarraga can return to the rotation as his replacement"

Who cares any more? once they moved out of tiger stadium into that new monstrosity they stoped being "The DEEtriot Tigers"and became just another generic AAA club.

Yeah the Tigers stink, they should start watching a real time like the my Cleveland Indians. That Travis Hafner is a hitting machine :D :D :D

Who cares any more? once they moved out of tiger stadium into that new monstrosity they stoped being "The DEEtriot Tigers"and became just another generic AAA club.

I disagree about the stadium. Comerica is by far Detroits best stadium. It is a beutiful park.

Yeah the Tigers stink, they should start watching a real time like the my Cleveland Indians. That Travis Hafner is a hitting machine :D :D :D

:sign:

Comerica is nice, but I still find it funny they couldn't even place the scoreboard correctly. Have yet to been to the cigar bar there, but its on my list...so long as our legislature doesn't shut it down before I can get to it.

I still miss old Tiger Stadium though. I have a spot in my heart for old time nostalgic stuff though.

Comerica is nice, but I still find it funny they couldn't even place the scoreboard correctly. Have yet to been to the cigar bar there, but its on my list...so long as our legislature doesn't shut it down before I can get to it.

I still miss old Tiger Stadium though. I have a spot in my heart for old time nostalgic stuff though.

I have been to Comerica probably 20 times and I still have no idea where that bar is.

I have been to Comerica probably 20 times and I still have no idea where that bar is.

Well let me know next time you have tickets.....I'll find it! ;)