• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Devil's Weed Raleigh (Robusto)

mtshdtv

RALEIGH
{Robusto}
Length: 5 inches
Ring Guage: 50

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican (4 leaves)

Today, I received a cigar I've been waiting to try Devil's Weed from Molina Cigar Co. They posted a few weeks back about this new cigar that hadn't been released yet, so I've been patiently waiting. Well on with the review:

appearance: light brown Connecticut wrapper, had some slight greeness but nothing major, good solid consturction overall

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/a...ik/IMG00036.jpg

Pre draw: slight spicey twang

intial light: the draw is a little tough, had to re-cut and then open with my punch

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/a...ik/IMG00023.jpg

halfway point: sweet spiciness, crisp flavor, woodsy, draw is a little easier, nice amount of smoke with a pleasant aroma, even burn, good solid white ash

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/a...ik/IMG00032.jpg

Finished clean without any harshness, maintaining the sweet spiciness and woodsy flavor.

Overall I'd say it's strenght just below medium with a crisp finish on the palate. I'd definitely recommend trying!

I just had my sample of this cigar. Aboslutely wonderful! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Got mine today.
Going to let them rest from their trip.
Itching to try them out.

Maybe Friday with the White Owl herf crew

Stay tuned

As posted at Cigarweekly (thought I'd share w/ my brothers at CP though!):

I would categorize the Devil's Weed robusto as a medium bodied cigar, but very full flavored, and smooth. Everytime I thought I had a finger on what I was experiencing (spice,wood,hint of cream,ect) a new flavor was thrown into the mix. I think I would have to smoke a number of these to actually pinpoint the flavors that I was experiencing.

The ash held on for about one inch and was a beautiful white color, and the burn was very even all of the way through. I had to relight one time because of my roommate wanted to hang out and talk with me, but she's very sensitive to smoke, so I didn't want to smoke it while she was around. I must say, after the relight and a purge, it was back to goodness. I would have never guessed that the cigar had been relit if I hadn't done it myself.

I smoked the cigar down to about 3/4th of an inch before letting it burn out, but even smoking it well past the label, I never experienced any bitterness or harshness at all. (A HUGE PLUS!!!)

Overall, definitely a cigar for a cigar lover. The Devil's Weed is one that will keep you on your toes and keep your tastebuds happy! Dare I say this, but...at one moment I thought that this cigar resembled a few of DPG's cigars that I have smoked in the past. I would have to give this cigar a 92/100 (It was just that damn good!!!!!! )

Got mine too.
Will let them rest a week or so and give them a try.
Would like to try them sooner but don't have the time right now.

I just got mine this AM. It will be a little while until I have the opportunity to try them, but I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I do get the chance.

These reviews do sound encouraging.

Got mine yesterday, smoke one 2day burn was a little off but expected I can never leave new sticks alone. I'll post review after I let the others sit.

Brian

I received mine yesterday. Looking for something to start off the day so I grabbed one of these. Man, am I glad I did. I'm always a little hard-pressed to find a good morning smoke. This cigar was nothing short of outstanding.

Just as others have said...very crisp,clean flavors. Nothing lingering on the palate and no harshness/bitterness at all. Draw, burn, and construction: flawless. It held its ash over 2/3rds. Overall, 9 out of 10. Definitely on the medium side of both body and strength, this cigar was a joy to experience. This may very well be my new go-to morning smoke. I'm glad I've got 2 more for the rest of the weekend. Bummed tho since I've got to find a box next week (the search is on!!). I recommend this smoke to everyone!!!

Thanks again, Luis, for the chance to try these!! You're on to something great...

Derek

Finally got around to smoking one of my samples that Luis provided, and I'll throw my hat on the pile - this is a good cigar! You wouldn't think it based on it's appearance, but there's a ton of flavor in this stick. The 1st third reaches out and grabs you right from the start with a very full woodsy flavor with hints of cedar, a little toasted nuts and a few others I had a hard time picking out. I thought I read somewhere that you'd need to smoke this numerous times to really be able to pick out all of the flavors coming at you, and I think that's a pretty good representation of this cigar. The second third calms down significantly and a creamy tobacco flavor takes over with the initial flavors receding into the background, and then coming back stronger for the finish (although not as strong as the first 3rd). Very clean on the palette too, especially for a cigar with this much flavor. I'd venture to say that a little time in the humidor, allowing some of the flavors to mellow and mingle, could make this cigar even better. I'm especially looking forward to this rumored maduro wrapper... Well done Luis! Thank you again for the sampler pack.

Irish,
I'd say you and I have very similar impressions on this smoke.
I've been experimenting with the humidity on this one. I'm such a Pepin whore that I typically have my ready to smoke box at 65. But, I have a box of these at 69, and they need another week or so to stabilize. Then I'll give one another whirl.

I have been sittin on a couple of these and haven't given em' a shoot. Looks like I know what I am smokin tommorrow.