• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus #4

flamchop

65/65
I think I got this smoke from either a bomb, or a trade... or maybe a pass! I didn't start keeping track of where I got smokes from until some time after I got this one.

I've had the #5 before, but this is my first #4. These smokes are rolled at the Fuente factory in the Dominican Republic with Fuente binder/filler, with the wrapper coming from Ecuador - from the Oliva family.

Diamond Crown Maximus #4
50 x 6 Toro
Wrapper: Ecuadorian El Bajo Sun Grown

The wrapper on this toro smoke was dark with some oils... and construction was very good although there were a few blemishes and nicks probably from handling. I punched the cap and took a draw and was thankful... no plugs! Not that I've had a plugged DCM before, but I have had my share of plugged toros.

I torched the foot with no problems, sparked right up. Took a few puffs and was greeted with lots of creamy smoke. The draw was perfect, just enough resistance. The initial flavors were mostly woody... leathery. After a bit more smoking an ever so slight sweetness came through in the finish. The burn remained perfect the whole way down.

Eventually more flavors of burnt coffee came through... very subtle. The overall taste was very good and I'm thinking I might like these toros even more than the robustos. I didn't make it very far past the band on this one as the taste went very sour very fast in the last inch and a half. I usually get down to below an inch left with most smokes but I had to put this one out.

This smoke was very enjoyable and I'm glad I received this from someone, as I'm not sure I would have bought the toro myself. Now I think it's one of the better sizes of this line. Great burn and great flavors throughout for this cigar, but I can't say I thought it was all that complex. Just a solid no-hassle smoke that was a pleasure to enjoy this afternoon.

I have been smoking alot of these lately...great smoke just a little pricey.

This is an amazing smoke,I smoked a couple and I never was disappointed.
Yes,its a bit pricey but I think its worth to try it at least.
Another reason is the beautiful band.

Edit: Thanks for the review! :thumbs:

I really enjoy the DCM line, but definitely agree too high priced unfortunately. Thanks for the review Mike!

The first one I had was so good, I ended up buying a box.
Going to put some age on them first before I indulge myself.

Thank for the review

All hail the DCM, as many know my personal favorite and worth every one of MY pennies :cool:

Thanks for the great review.

Love the DCMs and the #4 is the best of the bunch, IMO. I give 'em two big :thumbs: