• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus #5 Robusto

Shadow

That's DON Shadow to you!
Started this morning off with a cup of coffee and the Maximus #5. The construction of the cigar was excellent, no veins and almost a leathery feel to the dark wrapper. The cigar had no soft spots and the pre-light draw was perfect.

Upon lighting the cigar I was gifted with a mouthful of smoke that was a little harsh but that disappeared with the second puff. The burn was perfect for the entire length of the cigar with no need for touchup. The flavor was medium to full and was very enjoyable with no burning in the back of the throat. The cigar had a light flavor of espresso to it for the entire cigar. I nubbed it with no heating up of the cigar.

This cigar is a step up in the flavor/strength profile for the Diamond Crown line. It will be interesting to see how this cigar improves with a little aging. :thumbs:

Nice review Bill. I think one of my local shops has some of these so I'll have to pick a couple up. Mmmm...espresso :p

I ended up smoking the DCM Toro #4 last night. Great construction, good looking wrapper (and my wife really liked the band! ??? ) Burned a little crooked at first, but corected itself. Nice, tight light gray ass...er ash.

I really enjoyed the smoke. Much better than the regular DC's IMO. Not sure if they are worth the $$ - yet - Looking forward to trying some of the others. I picked up a couple of each size last week.

I'm also interested in how they will age and what the cost/availability will be.