• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus No.4

ndp

Once again thanks to HapaLee and the Newbie Sampler Thread here on CP.

Cigar: Diamond Crown Maximus No.4, paired with a few St. George Brewing Company I.P.A.’s.
I actually smoked this cigar a few days ago but took plenty of notes.

The construction of this cigar was top notch, the wrapper had a nice oily feel to it and the aroma from the foot was begging me to put a match to it. I picked up hints of nutmeg, cinnamon, and a sweet flowery, honeyish smell. After a quick snip and a few dry pulls the cigar felt really tight, but with a very inviting flavor.

Light went as usual, not having a lighter (they’re too expensive, less money on lighters more money for cigars :p ) I used some of the trusty matches that they always throw in the bag at the local B&M. After two matches I finally got some smoke to come out of this thing. The draw was really tight I had to work this thing to get it going. The first inch of this cigar was very peppery, strong flavors that filled my whole mouth full of spice. I had to sit this thing down for a second and concentrate on drinking some beer.

After about the first inch the draw loosened up a bit, still having to work to get a good amount of smoke though, and the flavors started to mellow out. The burn started to creep down one side a little, probably due to my poor lighting technique with the matches, but corrected its self. The ash on this cigar was a nice gray color and very tight. The flavors were very woodsy, nice and smooth at this point. This cigar was also packing a little more vitamin N that I was used to having in my everyday smokes. A little over ¼ of the way through I started to sweat a little, the flavors left me licking my lips a lot. Its time to grab another cold beer.

About ½ way down the ash finally fell off with a light tap. The spiciness that was present early on in the cigar started to pick back up a little, with hints of coco and rich, dark coffee. The draw had loosened up buy now and was producing lots of thick gray smoke that seemed to surround my head, and liked to stay there, which was nice. This continued until I worked my way down to about the last 1/4th of this stick. When all of a sudden I started picking up flavors of toasted nuts and caramel, which lasted almost until the end with the flavors becoming more intense as I neared the finish line.

Flavor wise this was a great smoke. The contrast in flavors kept me on the edge of my seat but didn’t change so much as to where I couldn’t enjoy each one a little. During the whole experience it maintained varying degrees of that Fuente spiciness that I have come to love. I wish the draw wouldn’t have been so tight for the first part of the stick so that I could have enjoyed those flavors a bit more without having to work so hard. I actually went to my local shop to buy a few more of these to try out but he was in the process of setting out a few boxes of Opus X’s so I blew my cigar money on a handful of those instead (never had one) so that is exciting.

Tonight’s smoke is going to either be a WOAM, or Anjeo #48, review to follow with pictures :0 .

Once again thanks to HapaLee for a great Newbie Sampler, and thanks to the rest of the contributing members at CP for sharing their views and knowledge of this wonderful hobby.

Nate

Thanks so much for the fantastic review. I'm quite fond of the DC Maximus. If they were a bit stronger, they would be phenomenal (IMHO). :thumbs:

And Diamond Crown Maximus cigars are usually so mild! Glad you enjoyed it...but don't try an Opus X for a while! :0 Strong muthers, they are!

-FEtter

Nice review Nate, glad to you enjoyed the smoke. This is another of my favorites, the No. 4 especially.

I would recommend you look into getting yourself a torch. I know you said they're too expensive, but you can find good deals on them and they are worth it IMO. It'll make the initial light as well as any touch ups much easier.

Thanks for the review.

Very nice review. Like Brick, I love DCMs -- especially the No.4. Them's good smokes right there! :thumbs:

I tried my first DCM a couple of months ago and experienced a tight draw all the way thru it. I had to work on the draw so much I cant say if I enjoyed the flavor or not. Got a couple of more waiting for the right time to try again though. thanks for the review.