• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus No. 5

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Okay well, I recieved a bunch of these in a trade I made over at CW. I have heard alot of great things of this cigar, which was introduced in this years RTDA. I was searching high and low for these things, and they where more elusive than the Opus to find, but I got some, so here goes. I tried the robusto, this cigar was a chocolate colored cigar, with great construction, the outer leaf was a leathery Opus looking appearance. The band is striking in its look, the pre-smoke aroma was appealing, with earthy hints of coffee/earthy aroma. I decided to try a punch on the end, but the draw was too tight, I had to result to a straight cut. The draw was still tight but not overly so. I decided to smoke this cigar with a lager beer since it was warm outside, and hell I just wanted a beer. The initial smell with the first touch of flame was pleasant, it had a mixture of earthy grass and wood aroma. The draw was nice and the taste was great, absolutly no bitterness found. This cigar reminded me of a young Opus, with its initial spicy/peppery taste. This only lasted for the 1st 1/3 of the smoke. After this the cigar settled down to a very nice earthy cedar like taste. I was unsure what to expect from this cigar since I have not seen very many reviews on it. I found the taste of earth/cedar continued all the way to the nub, with the flavor complex in nature. I found it tough to pin down exactly all the flavors, but it was of medium strength and had moderate amount of smoke production, the ash did flake a bit, but did not distract from the overall enjoyment. I found the cigar burned evenly and overall the construction was great. The only thing I found wrong was the filler was a tad bit tight, but not overlly so. Overall I would say this is a great smoke, the price is not too bad for what you get, and hopefully when production is in full swing not hard to get.

Construction - 4.00

Taste - 4.50

Value - 4.00

Overall - 4.25

Here is the info I have on this cigar

Diamond Crown comes in the following sizes

Corona No.1 (50 x 8)

Churchill No. 2 (50 x 7)

Pyramid No.3 (50 x 6 3/8)

Toro No.4 (50 x 6)

Robusto No.5 (50 x 5)

The prices that I have seen online vary from $9.00 to $16.00 per cigar. I have not seen any dealer with any instock.

I have had 1 of the Robusto's, and have 2 more waiting in the humidor. I was impressed with the cigar, not quite an Opus, but quite close. You are right about how hard they are to find.

Great review, Paragod.

ALostTexan

As amazing as it is, my local shop has a fairly good selesction of Diamond Crown. I might have to go pick one up :thumbs:

Thanks for the review.

Cheers,
Dixie

Great review PG. Thanks to the bruddah from Hawaii's generosity I have half of dozen of these beauties waiting for me.

great review, PG. i'll be trying one of these soon thanks to good ol'
bruddah joe invest. i can hardly wait!