• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus Stanford's 90th

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
There is one local shop near me that has these for $30 a pop. Anyone seen these or tried them? I'd like to know if they are worth it for th money...here is the add print:

"In honor of Stanford Newman’s 90th Birthday, the J.C. Newman Cigar Company announces the limited production release of Stanford’s 90th Diamond Crown MAXIMUS. These cigars honor the cigar industry legend Stanford Newman, who is one of only six members in the Cigar Aficionado’s Cigar Hall of Fame.

Carlos Fuente, Jr. has created a very unique cigar - the first Diamond Crown MAXIMUS ever made with a Cameroon wrapper. “As a tribute to Stanford, I wanted to make an exceptionally flavorful cigar for this celebration”, says Carlito.

To achieve this unique taste, he blended some of his oldest Dominican filler tobaccos, which he had been saving for such a special occasion, with tobacco from his prized Chateau de la Fuente farm. When combined with a top grade of specially selected Cameroon wrapper, Stanford’s 90th Diamond Crown MAXIMUS may be the richest, most flavorful Cameroon cigar ever made.

In addition to this milestone cigar, Stanford’s 90th Maximus comes in a luxurious leather box. This box is made of a tan leather with the brilliant Diamond Crown MAXIMUS logo prominently displayed on the inside lid of the box. These cigars are extremely limited and there only 850 available worldwide."

Sounds yummy! :thumbs:

-Fetter

Smoked one last night - was 24.95 each at my shop (they only have one box - a purty one at that...).

On the mild side of medium - but it was a VERY nice smoke in comparison to the Oliva G I had just before it (I was a tad disappointed with the Oliva G, so I needed something to cleanse my palate). A little less powerful than I suspected they would be. Kinda reminded me of the Ashton ESG's - roughly the same kind of profile. I suspect if you really liked the ESG - you'll really like these.

I'm a huge Cameroon wrapper fan - which is what makes this cigar special. However, because I can't afford to be lighting up $25 cigars every day, I do like the Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve's better.

I put a couple away for "next time" - I'm interested to see where these cigars go with a little age. Although I suspect they'll only get better - they're smoking awfully nice right now...

Bottom line - great cigar. Worth the price? I'm not quite sure - I'm on the fence with any "super premium" cigar like that - but they definitely are a special cigar...

We got two boxes! I got to smoke one. It was really outstanding. If you have the means and the opportunity buy a box!

We got two boxes! I got to smoke one. It was really outstanding. If you have the means and the opportunity buy a box!

Yeah, right... :rolleyes:

You gonna give me the Outlaw Cigar Company special employee pricing??? ;) :p

I put a couple away for "next time" - I'm interested to see where these cigars go with a little age. Although I suspect they'll only get better - they're smoking awfully nice right now...

Bottom line - great cigar. Worth the price? I'm not quite sure - I'm on the fence with any "super premium" cigar like that - but they definitely are a special cigar...

Nice write-up, thanks. I picked up several of these and was a bit hesitant to pull the trigger at $20.50 a piece for yet another "special edition" cigar(which it seems was a decent price and explains why the box is now empty). It sounds like they may have been a nice pick up after all.

Nice pics moki but where's your ashtray?

Just got a 5er of these, cannot wait to try one. But they must sit and wait for Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the little review George, You almost convinced me to get a few. I'm still resisting the urge to start buying these "Super Premium" cigars. Right now $15 for a cigar is kind of the top end, if I move that up to $25 or $30, I'm in trouble.

The wife already curses me over my spending habits. :laugh:

They get over it... It wasn't that long ago the wife was taking a frying pan to me over my cigar purchases... :cool:
Maybe you got the secret word ??? Want to split a box George, if they are that good? Or anybody???

Brian

Wish I could afford a split on these, they sound great

They get over it... It wasn't that long ago the wife was taking a frying pan to me over my cigar purchases... :cool:

My wife just says, Ok, now I am going to spend the same amount on xx and xx. I may go over a little but you will always buy more so I will just go ahead and get another xx. ???

I just ordered a pair Sunday. I hope they live up to the hype. I also bought a Max Churchill to compare.