• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown

Horse

Member 200
Yesterday was a great day round these parts..bout 73 and a slight breeze. Unusual Fall weather for mid-October. Anyway, I was spending the day at the Arlington Convention Center for an Adobe Photoshop class.

Lunchtime, I stepped outside, took a seat by small creek and pulled out the Dia.Crwn 7-Maduro. Construction..mmm dark-dark brown maduro wrapper. Found it to be rather soft throughout the body...but man did it smell great.

Snip went the cap. I found out pretty quick that I needed to snip off more of the cap for a better draw.

Oh man, what a kick a$$ smoke. Cocoa, spice, pepper and plenty-o-tobacco... I did find though that I had to continue to snip off more of the cap (in all about 4X) because of a build-up in Tar. I could have written the Photoshop manual with all the tar that it released. I've got one more of these and will let it rest for quite some time.

Thanks Kenny for replacing the one I lost..and thanks Devin for the 2nd one so I could smoke one of em. :)

I have been wanting to try a Diamond Crown for a while now. Every time I go into the store and see one, I put it back down cause I am not willling to pay that much for a cigar. That, or I am terrified I would love it. Everytime I see an Oddesey I buy one. I have bought three in the past couple months and haven't smoked 1. Maybe tonight I'll smoke that Oddesey, and tomorrow I'll go pick up a Diamond Crown.

Emo

Great Review Mark!!! Ya know, emo, I've never had a DC either, been in several passes with them and even had my hands on some unreleased ones but never had the chance to burn one. Although, being a ruthless snob that I have become thanks to the guys on the boards, I only smoke Opus and VSG's when I'm not smoking Cubans!!! Maybe it's time to broaden my horizons?? Hell, who knows, I might like'em!!! :0 :)

Love DC's...but didn't have a good experience with the one maduro I tried...and I wasn't about to buy another one at $19...so I'm atleast happy brother Mark found enjoyment in his. Nice review.

For those looking to pick up a DC natural line...the #3's are fabulous.IMHO. :)

Enjoyed my first DC tonight while the Steelers destroyed the Colts.
It was a Number 2 I believe.
At first, it was too mellow, I'm used to cigars of the Rothchild size and the long draw on this cigar made for a thin smoke.
Until, the first two inches fell away in one perfect gray ash.
Then this thing turned ON.
Slightly peppery with a full body to it.
It was worth the price in so much as the Steelers covered my points and it was essentially free.