• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dickey's Whiskey

smokinbolt

So I was in a frindly bar last night and a guy recommended I try Dickey's Whiskey with a cigar. I am not much of a bourbon/whiskey guy, feels like drinking fire, any suggestions?

I like George Dickel better then Jack Daniels even if they spell whiskey wrong. ( they spell it the Scottish way without the "e") Try it over ice and let some melt would be my suggestion.

I like George Dickel better then Jack Daniels even if they spell whiskey wrong. ( they spell it the Scottish way without the "e") Try it over ice and let some melt would be my suggestion.

Thank you. I went to the link from your dig and I only went through the first three pages where people are voting on which number to rate, but where are those ratings at? I will do more searching and let you know if I find it before you reply. Also, I guess you can tell I am not much of a drinker, hence the Dickey instead of Dickel... :rolleyes:

If you clicked on my sig that took you to post #1. Scroll down until you see "Reviewed so far:" and read the instructions. If what you are looking for is not listed, as in the case of George Dickel, it means I haven't reviewed it.

Thank you. I went to the link from your dig and I only went through the first three pages where people are voting on which number to rate, but where are those ratings at? I will do more searching and let you know if I find it before you reply. Also, I guess you can tell I am not much of a drinker, hence the Dickey instead of Dickel... :rolleyes:

AVB is right on (as always).

In highschool, we learned pretty quickly that Dickel was both cheaper and better than Jack.

Unfortunately it is rapidly approaching the price of JD, although I agree that it's still better, and to top it off it hasn't be diluted down to 80 proof.

I was in a local spot tonight, and the Dickel #12 was priced at $18.99/bottle.

If you clicked on my sig that took you to post #1. Scroll down until you see "Reviewed so far:" and read the instructions. If what you are looking for is not listed, as in the case of George Dickel, it means I haven't reviewed it.

OK, it takes some time to go through all of them. I don't drink liquor much so it is hard for me to know what to order. I read that ost of you guys like cognacs and bourbon's with cigars, but what is something I can find at most restaurants that is nice and smooth? When I do mixed drinks I go for crown and 7up, if that helps.

You might want to post this as a seperate question. I've never had a Crown & 7up and have no idea what that tastes like. While there are a few cognac drinkers here I would say they are in the minority compared to the Scotch & Bourbon folks.

OK, it takes some time to go through all of them. I don't drink liquor much so it is hard for me to know what to order. I read that ost of you guys like cognacs and bourbon's with cigars, but what is something I can find at most restaurants that is nice and smooth? When I do mixed drinks I go for crown and 7up, if that helps.

Your post got me thinking that I was low on George Dickel so I went to the local state store to pick up another. It turns out that the state of Pennsylvania, the largest single liquor buyer in the world, has decide to stop carrying it. Unfrickinbelievable.

Your post got me thinking that I was low on George Dickel so I went to the local state store to pick up another. It turns out that the state of Pennsylvania, the largest single liquor buyer in the world, has decide to stop carrying it. Unfrickinbelievable.

The PLCB never ceases to amaze me. They overload the shelves with flavored rums/vodkas, and by now I imagine flavored tequilas as well (way to go Cuervo - further disgrace real 100% agave tequila with your flavored mixto trash, like its reputation isn't bad enough), yet it seems like they just keep closing out more and more straight spirits.

Over the past few years I've watched them closeout various quality tequilas and bourbons, either doing away with them altogether or making them special order only (which almost always cost more than they should) - the entire Chinaco line, Elijah Craig 750mL, the 10 Year Old Rip Van Winkles (90 & 107), Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year, El Tesoro Reposado (with the Platinum and Anejo being closed out now), Evan Williams Single Barrel, Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, Dickel 8 and 12, and I'm sure the list goes on and on...

But hey, they sure can offer you all the flavored spirits you can imagine...

That's nearly criminal :whistling:

You got me thinking also, so i'm going to the local outlet and buying a bottle of Dickel's Whiskey, as i have never tried it. Many thanks AVB! :thumbs:

Just saw this thread....I can't even fathom this Ray. ???

Chicagoland area, $20.00 out the door. :thumbs:

The cheapest I've seen Dickel #12 now is 14.99. When I bought a bottle back in Dec., I found it for 12.99.