• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Did I ruin my cigars?

mtschust

My cigars have been sitting unattended in 55% humidiy for almost one week. Will that damage the cigars? I am going to go get some water for them tomorow, I had forgotten about them dealing with other things

My cigars have been sitting unattended in 55% humidiy for almost one week. Will that damage the cigars? I am going to go get some water for them tomorow, I had forgotten about them dealing with other things

My guess is your fine. If you think about it 55% is not much lower than the 60% that many keep their cigars at. I would like to see what some of the FOG's have to say though. My experience is very limited.

1 week won't hurt them. Many people age cigars at 55%, so you're ok.

u should be ok, just bring the humidity up slowly, otherwise you may end up with wrappers splitting, or your smokes may bloat and split when you smoke them.

55%? I bet those sticks smoke great right now. Clean even burns and stays lit. Will get hot if you "huff" the cigar instead of "relaxing" with the cigar. Don't be afraid to smoke them now.

Nothing wrong with 55% but I agree with the others that if you are going to raise the humidity don't try and raise it in one day.... do it slowly.