• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Did you guys see this? (cubans sold in rochester)

thejollyco

The Jolly Company
Okay, so i just remembered hearing something at my home town that i thought i should bring up here.

So, for those of you in the know, the "NERVE" radio station moved its channel to over 100 khz band. I found it in ithaca, and it's a rochester based real rock radio station.

Okay, i'm just explaining what happened, hold your pants up. So, one day I heard an ad on the radio explaining that there would be "real" cuban cigars sold at a cigar shop there for like one day only. I forgot about it until recently. I found the article here.
http://www.wroctv.com/news/story.asp?id=19520&r=l

Apparently, it's by the Pinar company using pre-embargoed tobakky, kept in "pristine" condition.

What do you guys think? Also, did anyone (know about)/(go to) this?

I've had a Pinar B before. I can't remember if it was a toro, robusto or corona. I do remember it was kinda...decent. It was my first "Cuban" I smoked, so it stayed on my mind. If it hadn't been my first "Cuban", I surely would have forgotten it. The 'B's are blends and I think they have an A which is all pre-embargo filler.

I don't think it would be a bad cigar to pick up, more for the novelty aspect than for serious smoking satisfication...atleast as far as the "B"'s are concerned.

(Looking at "satisfication"...it looks misspelled)

-Rob's $0.02 ;)

I have heard this on the radio too. It's Dewey Ave Smoke Shop. I go in there to buy my singles because they are closest to me but I have been thinking about going someplace else because i don't know if I am too impressed with them.

Do a search on Pinar and you'll be able to read all about these.

heh, i know about pinars. (i was trying to be sarcastic, but i guess i failed)
i was just wondering what you guys thought of the "gimmick".

thejollyco said:
Okay, so i just remembered hearing something at my home town that i thought i should bring up here.

So, for those of you in the know, the "NERVE" radio station moved its channel to over 100 khz band. I found it in ithaca, and it's a rochester based real rock radio station.

Okay, i'm just explaining what happened, hold your pants up. So, one day I heard an ad on the radio explaining that there would be "real" cuban cigars sold at a cigar shop there for like one day only. I forgot about it until recently. I found the article here.

Apparently, it's by the Pinar company using pre-embargoed tobakky, kept in "pristine" condition.

[snapback]220304[/snapback]​

Yeah I've heard it -- I laughed out loud when I first heard it actually. It's yet another lame marketing gimmick from Pinar.

BTW, thejollyco... you're not far away, when ya coming up for a visit? We can hit The Havana Club... poker is played on Wednesdays and Fridays... let me know!

moki said:
thejollyco said:

[snapback]220304[/snapback]​

Yeah I've heard it -- I laughed out loud when I first heard it actually. It's yet another lame marketing gimmick from Pinar.

BTW, thejollyco... you're not far away, when ya coming up for a visit? We can hit The Havana Club... poker is played on Wednesdays and Fridays... let me know!
[snapback]220337[/snapback]​

Moki I need to get back home for a smoke :)

i haven't been to rochester in a while.

curious info tho, last time i went, i did some "urban" exploration in the abandoned underground subway (last winter). creepy stuff.

then i went to dinasaur bbq, which was awesome, but i was afraid the bikers were going to kill me.

I have a cigar that the guy claimed was pre-embargo...bunch of BS but I took it anway.

I've never heard about pinar but will google it and do some reading.

thejollyco said:

curious info tho, last time i went, i did some "urban" exploration in the abandoned underground subway (last winter). creepy stuff.

then i went to dinasaur bbq, which was awesome, but i was afraid the bikers were going to kill me.
[snapback]220344[/snapback]​

LOL... I drove the truck (pulling my trailer and equipment) from one end of the subway to the other 2 weeks ago... it's pretty creepy down there. I think I will stick to keeping the grass cut on the top side of the bed from now on!!!

The bikers around the dinosaur aren't that bad. I could swing you by the Hells Angels club house if ya want... well actually they kinda own the whole street.

TBaGZ said:
thejollyco said:

LOL... I drove the truck (pulling my trailer and equipment) from one end of the subway to the other 2 weeks ago... it's pretty creepy down there. I think I will stick to keeping the grass cut on the top side of the bed from now on!!!

The bikers around the dinosaur aren't that bad. I could swing you by the Hells Angels club house if ya want... well actually they kinda own the whole street.
[snapback]220355[/snapback]​

i walked from one end to the other on foot with 2 friends holding only a camera and 2 mag lights. pretty creeepy stuff. also a lot of particles in the air.
we did set off some roman candles during the pitch black period. that was awesome.

caudio51 said:
I've never heard about pinar but will google it and do some reading.
[snapback]220349[/snapback]​

You can do a search for Pinars on here as well. There have been a few threads dedicated to them.

thejollyco said:

So pick a weekend, let me know about it, and get your ass up here!

We can occassionally pick up the "NERVE" down here in the Olean area. I haven't been up to Rochester in a while. For those of you in the Rochester area are there any decent shops worth an 1.5 hour drive to check out?

Hey Nian, I got an email from 2guyssmokeshop. They are in Salem,NH and they are having "Cuban Rollers" in the shop for the next few days where you can pick up a few of these babies for yourself. No mail orders taken. If you would like I will forward you the email they sent me, as I didn't see anything mentioned on the site. Here's the site for you anyway http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com. Hope this helps you out Brother...........JJ

jjsmoke said:
Hey Nian, I got an email from 2guyssmokeshop. They are in Salem,NH and they are having "Cuban Rollers" in the shop for the next few days where you can pick up a few of these babies for yourself. No mail orders taken. If you would like I will forward you the email they sent me, as I didn't see anything mentioned on the site. Here's the site for you anyway http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com. Hope this helps you out Brother...........JJ
[snapback]220530[/snapback]​

... moo? i'm confused.

SabresFan said:
We can occassionally pick up the "NERVE" down here in the Olean area. I haven't been up to Rochester in a while. For those of you in the Rochester area are there any decent shops worth an 1.5 hour drive to check out?
[snapback]220498[/snapback]​

yep: http://www.rochesterhavanaclub.com/

If you're coming up, PM me... if I'm in town, I'll meet you at the club.

thejollyco said:
jjsmoke said:
[snapback]220530[/snapback]​

... moo? i'm confused.
[snapback]220598[/snapback]​
Sorry if I confused you. I checked your profile before I posted. Did not mean any harm. Just wanted to help.