• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diesel Corrosion

ivan37

Monkey Man
I stumbled upon these at CigarBid. The description said their goal was a very strong cigar with no harshness. A tall order, but I figured I'd try them out since I couldn't find anything about them anywhere else and they were cheap. Apparently these were specially made for CI/CB by Indian Tabac so you can only find them there.

I was very doubtful that there was going to be anything to them. When you have a name like "Diesel" I tend to think that they probably spent a lot of cash coming up with a name that would appeal to those looking for a strong, dark cigar and less cash on actually creating a quality cigar. I was very wrong, though.

The first thing that impressed me about the cigar was the construction. Just a solid cigar with minimal veins, impressive ash, even burn, and good draw. It was very tasty and a good combination of the Nic Ligero filler and Braz wrapper. It doesn't quite hit the mark when it comes to being a "powerhouse" - it probably sits right between medium and full bodied. This didn't upset me too much, though - they got rid of the harshness and it seems like a very good every day cigar you can smoke without getting tired of.

Granted, it is cheap - the Brazilian "maduro" wrapper seemed a little too natural to really be maduro (probably why it doesn't quite hit full bodied), the ash was spotted with black, etc. You won't mistake it for a uber-premium if you look close enough, but that doesn't mean it can't compete with them.

I'd rate it between 85-90. The 2 cigars I had prior to the Diesel were bad, so initially I was thinking "WOW!", but I might have just been happy to have one that I liked. I'll light another up soon and update this.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of anyone else who may have had a Diesel...

Thanks for the review on these... I saw the description there too. I would have never considered trying one, but now we're going to be bidding against each other.

When first I saw the topic, I thought maybe it needed to be moved to The Lobby. :) Nice review, Ivan. :thumbs:

I just smoked another. Again a very even and cool burn, good taste, etc. I'm still very impressed, though I have come back down to earth from my "WOW!". I'd give it an 86.

I can't believe some hair-brained marketing jerk named a cigar Diesel Corrosion and expected someone to buy it and stick it in... :0