• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Difference between

kingpin

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a Belicoso, Pyramid, and a Torpedo. Are the terms interchangable or are there distinct differences between them? Thanks

And in general they are all figurados, right?

I am probably the wrong guy to answer this, but if memory serves, yes, they are all in the Figurado class

PuroBrat said:
Found the Answer

Hope it helps :D
I guess by vision of a belicoso is more like a La Aurora Petite Belicoso or Bolivar Belicoso Fino the description here sounds more like a perfecto to me. But in any case I think I would agree that they would all be considered figurados.

In Havana cigars there really isn't a belicoso size. The official vitola name is the Campanas. It is 5 1/2" x 52. Basically a shorter piramides.

Also, there isn't an official "torpedo". Instead they are referred to as piramides. With the size being 6 1/8" x 52.

And, both would fall into the figurado category, as they are not parejos, or straight-sided cigars.

Oh and Marcia is wrong on the belicoso. She IS describing a perfecto in her description. I'll have to speak to her about that wehn I see her in July. LMAO!!

I thought the discription sounded a bit strange, but I figured on not arguing with an expert ;)

Matt R said:
Oh and Marcia is wrong on the belicoso. She IS describing a perfecto in her description. I'll have to speak to her about that wehn I see her in July. LMAO!!
She also misspelled Hoyo de Monterrey!

Matt R said:
Yep... I was about to post on that... she's definitely wrong on the Belicoso

"The Belicoso is a beautifully shaped cigar and one of the most difficult to shape and roll from my understanding...tapered on both ends, the foot and head, with the foot coming to almost a 'nipple' shape to it and has just enough of an opening to draw a little air through it so that when you light it you don't have to suck your brains out until it's got a good burn started. A prime example is the Artuero Fuente Hemmingway line, Short Story, Best Seller, etc. "