• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Different Taste

customsfan

I recently gave a friend some cigars. About twelve. He smoked them all within a week. I smoked the same cigars but it took maybe two or three weeks.

What's interesting is he's a full body guy. He smokes the My Father cigars, LFD and some others I would not buy cause they would probably blow my head off.

I smoke mild to medium bodied cigars. I love the Jose L Piedras. But the batch I have has a really tight draw. I use a draw tool to smoke them. For my friend, no draw issues at all.

I gave him some of Juanitas custom rolls also. I find them smooth and mild to medium the most. He thought they were full bodied.

He like Alex's rolls, which I consider a medium. He found them mild, but very flavorful.

And the same with the others. We both have very different opinions.

I guess I really shouldn't be amazed, but I am at how different-- what we consider to be mild, medium, full, tight draw, etc...

The difference in draw might be chalked up to just random chance. Could also be a product of storage between his setup and yours. The difference in perception, well, that's likely just the human factor in it all. Hence why taking recommendations on anything is good research, but not a guarantee of anything. Only you can know what you like.

Someone on here, ages go, posted something about how "full bodied" referred to nicotine content (cf: that full body rush you get with a good Carlito GOF sometimes, or an OR Camacho Scorpion) and "strong" to flavor. Or maybe it was the other way around. :confused:

Regardless, that's how I remember it and also how I use it. A number of retail sites have a "strength" rating scale that I have found to be, well, a little less than accurate for me personally. San Cristobal Fabulosos, for example, the strongest tasting cigars in my regular rotation, are frequently listed as "medium full" and others I've found "full bodied" in the sense of being quite high in nicotine content as "medium" while a number of smokes listed as "full" I've found a bit on the bland side.

Taste is really, really subjective though and it can change for all kinds of reasons from one day to the next or from one stick in the same box to the next. As long as you enjoy a cigar it's all good.

~Boar

Someone on here, ages go, posted something about how "full bodied" referred to nicotine content (cf: that full body rush you get with a good Carlito GOF sometimes, or an OR Camacho Scorpion) and "strong" to flavor. Or maybe it was the other way around. :confused:

Regardless, that's how I remember it and also how I use it. A number of retail sites have a "strength" rating scale that I have found to be, well, a little less than accurate for me personally. San Cristobal Fabulosos, for example, the strongest tasting cigars in my regular rotation, are frequently listed as "medium full" and others I've found "full bodied" in the sense of being quite high in nicotine content as "medium" while a number of smokes listed as "full" I've found a bit on the bland side.

Taste is really, really subjective though and it can change for all kinds of reasons from one day to the next or from one stick in the same box to the next. As long as you enjoy a cigar it's all good.

~Boar
My friend offered to give me some of his cigars. I was like "ahh, No thanks." That's actually a good way to think of it and put it into words, "nicotine content." thanks you guys

You should try a few of his "strong" cigars. Have a good meal first and give yourself plenty of time. Maybe you'll enjoy them, maybe not. You won't know until you try.

I smoke pretty much across the board now, but mostly Cubans. Even when I throw a Padron or Tatuaje into the mix I don't generally notice any impact from the strength difference.

Yea the last thing he gave me was a My Father Le Bijou or LFD. This was a while a go. But I smoked both. Wrestled with the last third. Felt like I was wasting good smokes.