• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Digital Camera Case

Wascal

Captive of the Dark Side
Finally bought myself a digital camera, Olympus C-740, 3.2 with 10x optical zoom.
Now I'm looking for a hard case to carry it in. As I'm going to carry this to work I figure a hard case with a customizable foam interior is my best choice. Yes Joe I checked Cases-4-Less. I think they over charge for shipping and that's one of my pet peeves. Also looking for a package of NiMH AA batteries and charger. Did a search and the list is overwhelming. If someone has experience with a good brand I'd appericate hearing from you.

Mike

For rechargeable batteries to use in a digital camera there is no debate - you want Maha.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/Index.asp

I don't use a hardcase myself but Pelican probably makes the best. Lowepro is good too. Hard cases are not cheap.

Working as I do at CSX RR everything around me is steel. It's 4 steps up a ladder to the platform, then 3 more to get inside the cab. The space provided for people to move is kept to a minimum. Considering the bumps and bangs into all that steel I thought a hard case the best way to go. :thumbs:

About two years ago I bought a battery charger from Radio Shack that plugs into my cigarette lighter and would charge 4 AA or AAA NiMH.

Being in construction it was nice to have the cigarette lighter charger because we didn't always have power at the start of larger projects.

Anyway, I checked the Radio Shack website and didn't have any luck. I bet if you stop by your local shop they can help you.

Brent

PS- Stay away from rechargeable alkaline for anything. I've tried them and about half started leaking.

other1, thanks for the link! I ordered the Pelican from them. :thumbs: