• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Digital Hygrometer's

fireman200

I'm new. I think most people prefer analog hygrometer's. But I think I'd like a digital one. Can anyone recommend a good digital hygrometer? Thanks.

I have tried 3 different models so far - The Little Havana Perfecto , Western Caliber III, and one that I got from cubancrafters.com.

The only one of mine that was consistently accurate was the Caliber III. I bought 2 more. That is what I use in all my humidors and coolidor. They all test perfectly using the salt test. The other were all of from anywhere from 2-8%.

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductI...id=ACC-CALIBER3
http://www.littlehavanacigars.com/proddeta...p?prod=HY1062LT
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/304

Hope this helps

Edited sue to my loss of memory with HTML coding

Is that one as good as the on tolije recommended? I want "to support the cause", but I also want one that's very accurate and durable. Thanks.

I purchased many digital hygrometers, as many have. I have talked to many that have the same experience with the perfecto size from littlehavanna.com that I have had with the Western Caliber III. I have not yet tried the one recommended by Smurf - though Smurf is very trustworthy.

Whichever you choose to buy - do the salt test on. If you are not satisfied with the accuracy, contact the company that you bought from and get a refund or replacement. I have done that before. Most retailers that you see or hear about here will back up there merchandise.

Just be aware that hygrometers in this price range are not expected to be 100% accurate all the time. Those hygrometers will cost $100s.

You can pick up a digital model at Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot fairly cheap. It will probably be 3-5% off. As long as you know how much it is off, it will still accomplish the job. Just remember if 3% low that if it reads 62% that the humidity is really 65%. You get the picture.

I do like the size of the one that Smurf recommended and am ordering on tonight. If you are not in a big hurry, I will PM you or post a review of the accuracy of it after I have tested it.

edited because someone had already reviewed this. I will be ordering one anyway. It is the perfect size for my desktop humidor. The Western doesn't look as cool (wrong shape).

I'm not a big believer in even digital hygros. I bought two of the Wal Mart cheapies and salt tested them here.

I maintain that they are good at detecting changes in RH. I'm going to repeat the salt test on my Wal Mart specials and my "old faithful" in about a month to see if I can repeat the results.

See a change, its either time to charge your beads, or to change the battery. As the battery falls below threshold, RH readings will drop. I'm betting once per quarter for AA, about every other month for AAA batteries.

Smurf,

Great info and pics on the link. What make and model is the 'old faithful'?

I think I'll try to support the cause. I read the previous topic that iluvmysh told me about. Thanks everyone for the help.

I'm a fan of the Western Caliber III.

Got mine from Mark @ Cigarmony

I also have a Don Salvador from CI that tested out at 70%.

Another vote for the Western Caliber III ... mine are dead on accurate.

I ran out of digital hygro's, however I will have a new supply by the end of the week. The digital hygro's I sell really are great. I use them in my humidors. Perfect size too!

Should see them back in the store in a couple of days. You won't find it cheaper anywhere, guaranteed!

Digital Hygro's are back!

DHYG-Round_02.jpg

http://cigarpass.com/store/index.php?main_...6&products_id=9

I have had 5 Western Digital's and they all have broken....or should I say the LCD has zonked out.

I am in the same boat looking for something that will last more than 1 year.

You're not going to find the digital hygro that we sell cheaper anywhere else. This is an excellent product. I'm very happy with 'em. Like tolije said, these hygro's will fit in the same space as your current analog. :)