• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do small travel humidors need seasoning?

Ugaman72

OK, noob question here. I bought one of those leather, cedar lined, 10 count travel humidor that's shaped like a book and where the top slides off. Is it necessary to season these? It looks to have a small veneer of cedar inside, and I assume it would warp if I put water to it. Also, how long should my smokes be OK in this thing without humidification? Would a 7 day business trip dry them out?? Thanks in advance for the help!

OK, noob question here. I bought one of those leather, cedar lined, 10 count travel humidor that's shaped like a book and where the top slides off. Is it necessary to season these? It looks to have a small veneer of cedar inside, and I assume it would warp if I put water to it. Also, how long should my smokes be OK in this thing without humidification? Would a 7 day business trip dry them out?? Thanks in advance for the help!

Did it come with instructions?

Also...unless it's o-ring sealed...I'd put a humi-pak or tube of beads in with the sticks.

No, there is nothing to absorb moisture (it's just plastic), therefore no seasoning is required.

EDIT: Just noticed that you didn't purchase the typical plastic case travel humidor. Sounds like yours has cedar built in. There is such a small amount of cedar, I doubt seasoning is really necessary. Like Gary said, toss in a humidipack with the stick and you should be fine.