• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you guys notice as many plugs with non CC

Snoozer

Quick question, do you guys notice as many plugged sticks with non Cubans?
Reason I ask is I was enjoying the wonderful evening last night having a Partagas Petit Corona Especial and it felt a bit stiff but I tried to smoke it anyway. Big mistake I threw it away a 3rd of the way through it wasn't even worth trying anymore. I was pissed. Not because of the money but because I planned to just chill outside and have a smoke on a nice day.

The problem is that I checked out t he box and a couple more feel plugged as well. I've had this with a few different kinds of Cuban smokes and quite frankly I'm sick of a craps shoot every time I want to smoke. :angry: Ok. I don't buy the most expensive smokes but these weren't exactly cheap either. I expect it from my JLPs but not just about everything.

I see other people talking about this with Cubans but I never see much talk about it with NC or others. Is this mostly a Cuban problem? Because I'm thinking of switching to mostly Non-Cubans if this keeps up.

Unfortunately, I live in Canada where it's actually harder to get decent non CCs than it is Cubans (I know, poor me) and most US vendors won't ship to Canada :( :( So I may be stuck..... Grrr.

I'll be trying again today. Hopefully I'll have better luck. :laugh:

Knock on wood I haven't had a plugged cigar in a really long time! Some that were over stuffed maybe. Seems like those open up after alittle smoking usually.

I've pretty much only experienced plugged cigars on cheaper bundled cigars. Mixed and short filler machine mades. When people talk about getting a plugged handmade, I often wonder if it isn't some other problem with the cigar. I have no clue really so I'd just be guessing or speculating as to what that could be.

Sure as I say this I know whichever cigar I pick up next will have some major problem with it lol

Quick question, do you guys notice as many plugged sticks with non Cubans?
Reason I ask is I was enjoying the wonderful evening last night having a Partagas Petit Corona Especial and it felt a bit stiff but I tried to smoke it anyway. Big mistake I threw it away a 3rd of the way through it wasn't even worth trying anymore. I was pissed. Not because of the money but because I planned to just chill outside and have a smoke on a nice day.

The problem is that I checked out t he box and a couple more feel plugged as well. I've had this with a few different kinds of Cuban smokes and quite frankly I'm sick of a craps shoot every time I want to smoke. :angry: Ok. I don't buy the most expensive smokes but these weren't exactly cheap either. I expect it from my JLPs but not just about everything.

I see other people talking about this with Cubans but I never see much talk about it with NC or others. Is this mostly a Cuban problem? Because I'm thinking of switching to mostly Non-Cubans if this keeps up.

Unfortunately, I live in Canada where it's actually harder to get decent non CCs than it is Cubans (I know, poor me) and most US vendors won't ship to Canada :( :( So I may be stuck..... Grrr.

I'll be trying again today. Hopefully I'll have better luck. :laugh:

I just ordered a box of CAO Mx2 from www.cheaphumidors.com earlier this week. Price was very reasonable considering the cost of tobacco in Canada. I'll try to remember to update you on the final cost and shipping speed once I get my order. If you don't hear from me in the next little while, PM me and I'll give you the details.

Had my first plugged cigar in awhile and it was a Monte #4 have not had a plugged NC in awhile.

It seems to me most cigars referred to as plugged are actually overfilled/rolled too tightly. Overfilled/too tight cigars can be corrected, but that's just semantics, as I find them just as PIA to smoke as plugged cigars are (darn near impossible). It appears to me, yes, this is mostly a Cuban problem. NC's invariably have better construction than CC's do in my experiences. Even the cheap NC's. Something you gotta take with a sigh and a grain of salt, or switch to NC's exclusively. It hasn't been enough of a problem for me to make that switch.

I too live in Canada and know the dilemma of getting NC cigars up here. Lots of vendors will ship up here, but the taxes and duties pretty much doubles the price of a cigar.

I just ordered a box of CAO Mx2 from www.cheaphumidors.com earlier this week. Price was very reasonable considering the cost of tobacco in Canada. I'll try to remember to update you on the final cost and shipping speed once I get my order. If you don't hear from me in the next little while, PM me and I'll give you the details.

I think for some of the same reasons as Cuban sources are not discussed on here (we don't want everybody to know about how certain things are done) we shouldn't talk openly about sources from the US. I understand that NC cigars are legal here but some vendors may have a little higher than average customer service well say.

As far as the plugged cigars go, i have had it happen to me a few times too. Never on any of my right cheap ones, but more so the cheaper high end ones. It is very frustrating!!! It seems like the longer they sit in my humidor they less problems they have though. What are your storage conditions?

I recently started taking my JLP's out a day before knowing i would smoke one. This fixed them up a lot in terms of draw issues, but is also a pain in the ass. I just ordered some 60% beads to keep them in a small tupperador at that humidity hoping they will smoke better there than at 65%.

Not sure if I can point to a pattern or brand that's given me issues, but for sure I've had far, far more plugged CC's than non CC's.

I'll tell you this - I've never had a plugged Padron. Never. Not one. From the 2000 to the Millennium, they are consistently one of the best quality cigar companies in the business.

Good luck - B.B.S.

As I recall many of the early '00 CC's had draw issues. I am just repeating what I have read here at CP, so do not take me as an expert. I also know the last time I was smoking CC's in Montreal I lit up a Trinidad at LCDH and it split open like a watermellon. Luckly they replaced that one real quickly. :thumbs: The great majority of CC's I have the fortune of smoking do not present much issue to me, but I am a green back ISOM smoker.

I do know there are several BOTL who are here at CP (some are my friends) and who can probably help you. Either way, long ashes.

Not sure if I can point to a pattern or brand that's given me issues, but for sure I've had far, far more plugged CC's than non CC's.

I'll tell you this - I've never had a plugged Padron. Never. Not one. From the 2000 to the Millennium, they are consistently one of the best quality cigar companies in the business.

Good luck - B.B.S.

I've heard this from many people on here.
I've a a few Padrons a couple 2000s which I really enjoyed and a 1926 which I thought was fantastic and one of the best smokes I've ever had. I got both kinds in in seperate 5er buys however if I can I'm going to be purchasing at least a box of the 2000s.

very rarely, and like BBS said, never any issues w/ Padron. I'm about done w/ CC's, too tight of a draw is a major irritant to me

Padron are bloody awesome as far as quality control and consistancy goes. Really good for the money too.

I will have to agree that CCs do vary a lot as far as construction (and even flavour profiles) within the same box. It used to really frustrate me, because I paid a rather high price for the luxury of smoking CCs. I have since found a much cheaper source (100% genuine, don't worry) and the occasional tightly bunched cigar bothers me less. I have come to enjoy the natural variation between the sticks flavour though. Sort of like when a Scotch lover starts to get into Single Batch, Cask Strength offerings, or even different vintage bottlings.

That being said, I always have my draw poker handy when a CC comes out the humi...