• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anybody have any extra Climmax beads?

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I only need about a 1/4 lb or less of each type (70 and 65%). I want to do an experiment as to which humidity level my sticks prefer. I will of course report the results!

Lately I am leaning more and more towards 65% because with my current 70% set up the sticks seem like are too wet. But I haven't smoked a cigar stored at length in a 65% environment.

I have plenty of multiples so I will store at least one of each for at least 2 weeks in each and report back.

I'm willing to trade, buy, whatever.....just curious to do this.

JC

I just got a shipment or the 65's but it turns out my new cooler was bigger than I thought and I wound up using them all.

You may want to store the cigars for a longer period of time in each environment to see which you prefer.

And remember also that some retailers (like JR) sell their cigars on the wet side.

you think it will take more than 2 weeks for the humidity levels to stabilize? In small containers?

I always thought that letting your sticks "rest" for 2 weeks after receiving them in the mail was plenty of time for them to adapt to your humi, if they got a little dried out en route.

And yes I have noticed that many shops keep their cigars wetter than ideal. But I am talking about sticks that have been in my humi for weeks at 70%.

Two weeks should be a minimum to allow cigars to rest after shipping or bringing them home from the shop. Thats not to say that you can't smoke one directly from the shop or PO....just that it would be better to allow it to settle under a constant enviroment.

One thing about keeping your cigars in a tupperware container......it doesn't breath. That said, putting cigars that are too wet in there will still be too wet in a few weeks if you do not allow air to be exchanged or have something along the lines of Climmax beads that will absorb the excess humidity.

I also want to point out that 2 weeks in almost nothing after receiving cigars from JR's. If you receive cigars from a cigar vendor Via USPS, do not think they have dried at all. I have found that it takes 6 week to even be smokable if it comes from JR. Cigarsintl.com isnt much better.

Emo

Allofus123 said:
Two weeks should be a minimum to allow cigars to rest after shipping or bringing them home from the shop. Thats not to say that you can't smoke one directly from the shop or PO....just that it would be better to allow it to settle under a constant enviroment.

One thing about keeping your cigars in a tupperware container......it doesn't breath. That said, putting cigars that are too wet in there will still be too wet in a few weeks if you do not allow air to be exchanged or have something along the lines of Climmax beads that will absorb the excess humidity.
Funny you should say that because I just read in another thread that while PG works both ways (absorbs humidity above 70%, releases if below) Climmax only work one way (releasing humidity if it falls below the threshold but they do not absorb humidity above the threshold).

Tupperware with PG will actually stabilize the cigars whether they are too wet or too dry.

JC

According to Vern's site, the beads work both in reducing and increasing RH.

TECHNICAL:

How do the Premier™ humidifiers operate?

The Premier™ technology is based on a silica gel bonded to a salt derivative. The silica gel (similar to the small packets you find in a bottle of vitamins) absorbs moisture until the humidity reaches 68% RH. At this point, the silica gel begins releasing moisture until the RH reaches 73%. This process is continuous and is called a hysteresis loop. The salt derivative is what provides the silica gel with a memory to control moisture in the 70% RH region.

I don't know where you ever heard that the Climmax beads only work one way but I can personally attest to the facts in Geldor1's last post.

They work PERFECTLY :)

Do you guys think these things would work good in such a dry climate like AZ?

Sure Joe, they'll work fine. You'll just have to add water more often than Wade or Emo do since they live in the tropics :D

You know the other way to go is to mix the 70s with the 65s and walla you have your perfecto 68% ;)

BenjieV :D

Oh and by the way I can tell you for a fact that Climmax beads go both ways in a kinky sort of way................. LMAO

benjiev said:
Oh and by the way I can tell you for a fact that Climmax beads go both ways in a kinky sort of way................. LMAO
OMG Bruddah Benji! :0 :0 :0 :love: :love: :love: LMAO!

Lumberg,

The eagle is in flight.
The pigeon has flown the coop.
The horse has left the starting gate.

All right, the package has been mailed.

you know, i hear breaking down climax beads from the chain form and putting them in a sack, and putting distilled water on them works as well.

tho you should prolly wash them thoroughly in order to remove any ... residue?

couldn't help it :sign:

geldor1 said:
Lumberg,

The eagle is in flight.
The pigeon has flown the coop.
The horse has left the starting gate.

All right, the package has been mailed.
thank you very much.

geldor there is a little something on the way to you as well. i got it out the day of my surgery.