• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anyone know anything about this gel?

kro77

I am tempted to try these, I picked one up as an experement it seems to be almost like jello. Anyone have any experience with this stuff. Note, I am not saying it is better or worse then anything else just always interested in new stuff.

Thanks,

K

Here is the link to this Gel stuff:
Item #6202559731 - This is this guys store

DOH, messed up the link, sorry.

Its Polymers.... you can buy that stuff in bulk ..........HERE!

This guy is selling a 1-5/8x 1-5/8x 2-3/16 inche box of this stuff for $5? LOL Buy the 2 lbs on the site I gave you and you can fill 50+ of those little plastic boxes.

Polymers do not regulate humidity. I have used them in an Oasis humidifier and they worked great since the Oasis regulated the release of the humidity. I don't know if you can mix PG with them.

I dont think your supposed to mix pg with them, just distilled water.

In my experience, the gel system works nicely in very small humidors, and the tube style works nice for a traveler or desk top style humi.

That said:
I think that the beads that most of us use are far superior in regulating the humidity, as well as taking the least amount of upkeep. They really do a great job and both of my coolerdors hold steady at 68%. ;)

I bought this stuff in bulk and use small Ball jelly jars with holes stabbed in the lids to fill with it. I use a 50/50 PG & distilled water mix and put the jars in my coolers. They work great, keeping the RH right around 70%. The PG helps regulate the RH and prevents mold. They will mold with just distilled water. The PG (propylene glycol) can be found by the gallon at your local feed store.

Hey Atuck I just noticed this response, so using it with with Just distilled is a bit light, with the PG it should be ok? I can use the standard premix if need be correct? Maybe i should by the bulk amount of this stuff.

whatever you do, never put it in a pass. This stuff leaked from the pressure while the box flew across the country and ruined quit a few cigars.