• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dollar Bill test?

Krautle87

Confutatis maledictis, voca me cum benedictis.
What exactly is the dollar bill test? If you stick the bill in should it not come out at all, or just take some effort to come out? I just got a new humidor for Christmas and the seal doesn't seem that great. (to my limited experience) It has a little bit of "whoosh" to it, but it doesn't seem to be any effort at all to open or close it.

I believe there should be some resistance as you pull the bill out from the closed humidor lid. Try this on all 4 sides if you can.

Put a pen size flashlight inside of your humi, close it. If you see light the seal is bad.

cigarsarge said:
Put a pen size flashlight inside of your humi, close it. If you see light the seal is bad.
[snapback]266569[/snapback]​
Turn off the light in the room, pitch black.

Dollar Bill Test:

Send me your Humi and a stack of dollar bills and I'll tell you if it is good or not. Simple. :rolleyes:

also...lift the lid up just a little bit and then drop it to let it close. the lid should encounter a "cushion" of air as it comes in contact with the seal. this is another way to check if there is a major problem.

emodx said:
cigarsarge said:
[snapback]266569[/snapback]​
Turn off the light in the room, pitch black.
[snapback]266571[/snapback]​

I have tried that but can still see the light from the flashlight, as a matter of fact I can see the flashlight itself. Could be that my humi has a glass door.

Sorry, I just had to. :D

Niclas