• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Domestic Box Codes

PSTAN

Do Domestic brands stamp date codes on their boxes or just place the seals on the shrink wrap?

The other weekend I was in a B&M and noticed that he had a few of the regular line of Diamond Crown #5 left. I have been wanted some so I bought them and he gave me the box, especially since I also got some '64 that he had. I have looked all over it and have not seen a legible date code and any Labels that were originally on the box. The only thing that I can think of is the label had to be on the shrink wrap and the date code mysteriously disappeared.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Phillip

I know that some of them come with a little "inspected by" type of piece of paper that has a date on it. The 1964 Exclusivo box that I opened last night had one in it.

There are some cigars by either Villazon or General that have codes stamped on it. Sometimes it is just a date hand written in pencil. Some cigar stores slap a little sticker on it when they receive them to help them track their inventory.

most are not stamped. la flor dominicana stamps the bottom of their boxes.
im sure some others do. most have a slip of paper in them noting when they were rolled. i dont think anyone stamps the plastic wrap on the box. i could be wrong.
i open around 5 boxes a day from various cigar companies, maybe ill start paying closer attention to this and let you know later :thumbs:

Padron has started recycling the boxes, along with a few other companies, so they only include a hand written slip. Most of the time there won't be a stamp because there's not a need to worry of fakes.

KayakinBoy said:
Padron has started recycling the boxes, along with a few other companies, so they only include a hand written slip. Most of the time there won't be a stamp because there's not a need to worry of fakes.
[snapback]200980[/snapback]​

It would still be nice to know when they got boxed that way if you decide to age some you will have a more accurate time line.