• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dominican Montechristo's

emodx

Banned
I smoked an MX10 today after class got out early  :p  So I said to myself,"It's Friday, you aint go no job, ain't no money, ain't got **** to do...Go burn a good cigar" So I am peeking through the glass top, trying to pick out a good cigar that I haven't tried yet. Going down the line of some very good top shelf smokes, and come up the MX10. Hmmm I was wondering what that was doing next to the CAO's, PAM's, and FFOX's...Then it hit me, I had put that there to smoke the next time I wanted a to sit and enjoy a decent smoke.

So I take it out side and give it a good wiff. Sweet smell of chocolate and cedar...Yummmm-mmmeee. Nice construction, but I noticed the wrapper looked funny. It was mottled black. Seems to me the oils from the filler are starting to transfer through the binder towards the wrapper. So I clip it, and the pre-light draw was easy and tasted just like the nose. Toast her up. The 1st in was like smokeing an ultra-light cigarette. No strength what-so-ever. But the flavors were very nice. A very mild mix of cedar, chocolate, and coffee. After an inch or so it got a little strength to it. At the halfway point it picked up a lot more strength and peppery notes, but at the expense of the nice flavors. Not that it was a bad thing, but I was hoping the other flavors would pick up too. The burn was excellent considering I didn't give it the best light. Definately a nubber.
I am hoping that the MX40's wont get quite as peppery and be a little richer on the other flavors as it is a larger ring gauge. All in all a nice little treat. Perhaps I will add it's brother to a pass I am in. :lookup:

Emo

Had an MX40 today...Much like the MX10...Had some burn incosistancies during the 1st 1/3, then worked itself out. This one had very little pepper overtones. I am going to have to go get a couple of the larger ringed ones now. This is a flavorable smoke which would go great with coffee and a newspaper on a Sunday morning.
Has anyone had the Cigar de les Artes(sp)? How are they when compared to other Non-ISOM Montes?

Emo

I have seen those but haven't picked one up. I may have to next time I'm out!

Good review!

Leebo :thumbs: