• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos Senior Blend Robusto cigar

miamipadronsmoker

Enjoying life
I had a rough couple days so I went for a wonderful cigar gifted to me by a great guy recently. I was in the mood for a good Cameroon and this was supposed to be the best. This cigar is perfectly constructed and had 3 years of age on it. The cello had a yellow tint to it and I knew this cigar would be a treat. The weather was beautiful outside here in sunny Miami. Once I put fire to this beauty I could taste the wonderful Cameroon flavor and a spice that was kicking! This was the best Cameroon I had ever smoked. I love Don Carlos cigars especially the Lanceros and this cigar reminded me of the Lancero a bit but with a whole lot more spice and depth. The cigar was very complex and left a wonderful finish on the palate. I can't thank you enough for giving me the chance to smoke this wonderful cigar. For sure one of the top 5 cigars I had ever smoked. Now I just need to get some more.

Here are the details on this smoke from Vitolas.net

Don Carlos Senior Blend Robusto cigar
Cigar name: Don Carlos Senior Blend Robusto
aka: "Senior blend"
Vitola: 5" x 48
Wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: ?? unknown
Filler: special Don Carlos blend
Released: 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007 @ CFC
Quantity: ~80 per event
Rarity: 3/10

Notes: This special blend of Don Carlos cigar is never released, it is only given away (such as at CFC 2002, 2005, and 2006) or occasionally auctioned. The blend is specially created by and for Carlos Fuente Senior; it's the cigar he smokes.

This cigar is rolled by only one roller in one vitola only, making 50 cigars a week, this cigar has a Don Carlos profile, but has a very unique taste, due to the usage of tobacco that's not rolled into any other cigar Fuente makes. The tobacco is aged wrapper from the Oliva farm (the same wrapper used on VSGs), put into the cigar as filler.

The wrapper and filler tobacco used to create this cigar is among the best the Fuentes have available: both have at least a decade of age on them.

522.jpg

528.jpg

530.jpg

532.jpg

540.jpg

544.jpg

Sounds like a fantastic cigar. Great review. I would love to get my hands on one of those.