• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos

Muley

are the Don Carlos Presidente worth 167 bucks? I know they come highly recommended, but what about that price.

I'm getting ready to make my first big purchase (anything over $100 is big for me)soon and believe it or not, I'm really not sure what to go with;

hemmingways, don carlos, avo, cheap isom, etc. If that's a good price, I'll probably go with it.

I've also considered going with Opus X. I've never really tried an Opus X or Don Carlos, so I have no idea. I do know I LOVE the short story Hemi though.

Anyone have an idea on how long they should age before they are at peak?

At that price, if you don't like them, you should have no trouble getting back what you paid for them.

I say go for it.

I am guessing I have only smoked 80 - 100 different cigars or so thus far.

Don Carlos is my all time favorite and has been for some time. I have tried a handful of cigars more expensive than them, but they fall short and become my second, third, etc. favorite cigars. Ashton VSG enchantment just broke the Fuente trifecta in my favorites list but fell short of DC's top spot.

(I like the cigar)

Before dropping that kind of cash on a cigar though I recommend you buy at least one single and smoke it.

You will definitely be able to get the majority of your money back if you don't like them.

Matt

I have a box due in on Friday, if you want to buy a 3 or 5er let me know. That way you can try some before buying a box.

thanks guys. your comments helped solidify the deal. i called in an order and just spent well over $200 on the Don Carlos and a box of CAO Brazilia (which I've experienced and loved before). I know for some of you that's not much, but that's a pretty big hunk of change for me. Unfortunately, they won't get here before I head out to LA for a conference on Monday, but it'll be a nice welcome home the following Monday.