• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Diego

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Well, I'm a sucker for a deal, so I ordered up a box of these along with the other zillion things this week. The Don Diego Sun Grown baby. It's a small, thin cigar, more like a cigarillo imo. But I was pleasantly surprised at the taste, consistency and just plain yum from this little cigar.

Looks:
Well, it looks like a cigar, but smaller. Deep color on the wrapper, nice. It's a 33x5 1/4 cigar, these wrappers from this set are so dark, I'd call it a maduro if I didn't know what it was.

Prelight:
Mmm, smells good. Light grassy smell, so these are prolly really young, so that'll knock some points off, just to be fair. Otherwise, it smells of tobacco, very light, almost faint.

Construction:
Great springy feel to it, very nice. These were well taken care of. I've become more and more of a fan of Don Diego cigars, one of my favorites are the Maduro SE's robusto's. Great smoke.

Smoke Session:
Lit up nice and even, I love when a cigar doesn't burn crazy. This was a good sign. Little hot, but that would be from it's small size and me puffing like a train on it. I let it cool a bit, and it was all good. Taste that grassiness, and a little ammonia, so these little ones need to take a wood nap for a few months. The tobacco taste was right on. Light, airy and genuinely pleasant. Even for it's youngish taste, it's still very good. No funky aftertaste either. Drinking a rum and coke with this after a Philly Cheesesteak. With mushroom and onion. No peppers. Enjoyed it for a good 20 minutes and nubbed it. The further down it went, the better the tastes started to show. I think with a good rest, these are going to be an excellent outside walking around cigar. Very light all around. Leather, Cream, little coffee hints abound. Could also be from what I ate, but even the aftertaste on my lip tasted good. Not harsh at all.

Overall Take:
I think I'm going to put some of these in my new pass. They're a good smoke for the money. Box of 60 off of Famous Smoke.com I'd hand this to someone that never smoked before, because of the lightness and the pleasant aftertaste. I'd also share it with someone that's smoked cigars before because it's just a good, quality cigar that won't offend the smoker with harsh after bite, or nastiness.

Score:
80 out of 100