• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Blue Label

SewerRanger

Ring Gauge:50
Length: 5.0
Filler: cuban seed Nicaraguan
Binder: well evey site says it's a 100% cuban seed Nicaraguan cigar so I guess cuban seed Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo

Don "Pepin" Garcia is turning out to be one of my favorite cigar makers. In addition to this cigar he is also responsible for the 5 Vegas Miami, Padilla Edición torpedo, the CI legend yellow, and the 601 Habano (the red label). All tasty cigars and his Blue Label is no different. I got these cigars in a 5 pack and will shortly be buying them in a box. Despite being very veiny with an odd looking cap (some research would later show me it's a "Cuban-style triple cap") the cigar felt solid and was well built with a medium brown, almost cinnamon colored, corojo wrapper. Pre-light, the cigar had a nice earthy smell to it with hints of leather and hay. I feel it best to warn you the first couple of puffs of this cigar are a punch in the face and an elbow to the gut. This cigar is the definition of full flavored and should not be attempted on anything short of a full stomach. There was a very spicy black pepper flavor that developed almost immediately after lighting. Eventually the black pepper mellowed out a bit and some more leather and musty earth flavors developed. A little past the halfway point a nice smoky oak flavor slowly crept in and mixed well with the pepper and earth flavors that had been there from the start. The cigar was full bodied from the beginning and stayed that way until the very end when it developed a pleasant creamy nut flavor. Cigar flavors are the key here and this doesn’t disappoint. Not only was it bursting with a multitude of flavors, each one lingered on the back of the palette for several minutes after each puff. This was a fantastic cigar and I look forward to enjoying another one. It certainly packs a punch and isn’t for new smokers, but you should be fine if you first eat dinner…and dessert…and a then a late night snack just to be safe.

Thanks for the review. It mirrors my experience with the DPG blues, though I've only had the imperiales size. They are a treat.

Good review; your experiences match mine very closely.

I keep Invictos and Generosos in the cabinet as one of my "go to" sticks. A great smoke for the money.... :thumbs:

Regards - B.B.S.

I have not had the best of luck with the couple that I have smoked. The profile didn't quite fit what I usually like and both cigars had some crazy burn issues. I will give these another try come spring. Thanks for the review!

I have not had the best of luck with the couple that I have smoked. The profile didn't quite fit what I usually like and both cigars had some crazy burn issues. I will give these another try come spring. Thanks for the review!
I've read that many people have the same issue - the damn things don't want to burn correctly. I've only smoked two from the 5er I bought and they were both fine but I did notice the remaining ones felt a little soft.

Nice review of a great stick. I just had one from early '07, and it was very tasty. The flavors are becoming more refined and some of the previously subtle aromas are coming to the front.

BTW, it is palate, not palette ;)