• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia Black Label

BagfullofPings

This evening I found a new retailer. I've walked past it many times, but I had no idea they sold cigars. On top of the find, it has the best selection I have ever seen. The only cigars missing are Arturo Fuentes. Sorry, I will get to the point.

In addition to the Tatuaje Browns & Reds, they had a sampler that contained 3 Tatuaje Browns, a Don Pepin Garcia White (JJ, Jr's mix), and a Don PepinGarcia Black. I've heard that a DPG 3rd mix exsist, but I have never seen it. Obviously, I saw it today. Does anybody know about the Black label?

I just ran across them tonight on Serious Cigars site. They're calling them "Cuban Blend." Just one more for the "to try" list. :)

I just got a few of these from Al and they look and smell delicious. I hope to torch one soon and will report back with my opinion.

we got these in a week ago or so. they are my favorite out of the "pepin" series. not as harsh as the white label and more flavor than the blue label.

but the best "pepin" cigar is still the vegas cubana. try it if you havent already.

I'll definitely have to give these a go as I'm always game when it comes to Don Pepin smokes. However, I'm not a fan of the Vegas Cubana.

The Black or Cuban Collection is supposed to be the closest to the Padilla 8&11 blend with his name on it.

They're great smokes, and marcsheldon I agree, the VC is his best blend.

Enjoyed one of these tonight and I did like it best of the Pepin line so far although I have not tried the VC. It had more flavor and was a bit stronger then the blue label. Very nice smoke - I will keep these in stock.

Thanks for the info guys.

I will see if I can find a sampler.
AT first I read your handle as "Bayfullofpigs" - not sure what Freud would make of my slip.

I will have to try these "blacks" This is the second recommend I've had!

I had a black label yesterday! I have to say I liked the blue label better! That is just my .02. :D

The Black or Cuban Collection is supposed to be the closest to the Padilla 8&11 blend with his name on it.

Wow, that's interesting. I just had my first Black Label, and now I'm smoking my first VC. To me, the VC tastes very similar to the Miami 8/11, while the black label is spicier but doesn't have as much body.....closer to a blue label.

I love the 8/11, but the VC gives it one helluva run for its money, and for quite a bit less $$, too.

we got these in a week ago or so. they are my favorite out of the "pepin" series. not as harsh as the white label and more flavor than the blue label.

but the best "pepin" cigar is still the vegas cubana. try it if you havent already.

I agree with Marc! I like the Black label more then the Blue! :D

I have a box of the Old Henry's, they are very well made cigars. The wrapper looks like pure silk. I am letting them rest for a couple months before I fire one up. Just haven't heard from anyone that has smoked one. All this Garcia hype, this one seems to have been over looked.

Oh well.

This is a good thread. The Garcia's have been a staple for me, I love the Blue, never tried the black or VC, so looking forward to those as well. Someone light one of those Old Henry's so we can have a review. I was so close to buying a box of those when the catalog came out.

Tried my first Black label tonight. Fine smoke! :whistling: Well construceted, great draw, deliciously sweet and spicy Pepin flavor. All around good smoke.

Still prefer the Blue label though...

mac

I have tried the Petite Lancero 1977 (38 x 5 1/2).
These are great little cigars.
A wonderful cigar for the ride into work.

Blue and Black labels are simply different cigars. The Blues I smoke with a scotch before dinner. The Black with Porto after dinner. One is not better than the other. It's just a matter of timing.

Doc.

Blue and Black labels are simply different cigars. The Blues I smoke with a scotch before dinner. The Black with Porto after dinner. One is not better than the other. It's just a matter of timing.

Doc.

Doc - in your words, what would you say the difference is. I have only smoked one of each. My recollection was that the Blue seemed to be a bit sweeter with deeper flavors. The Black that I had last night was a bit more subtle... but still good to the nub.

I will be giving the Invictos another spin here soon.

mac

Back