• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia Black

parade

OK, so I decided to write a short review of this DPG. I've smoked a few "Cuban blends" and thought this was the most interesting thus far.

The wrapper is a beautiful dark brown color. The contruction is great, firm with no soft spots. The pre-light draw was just perfect, not too loose and not too tight.

The first few draws were quite surprising. I am not all that great with flavors, but it was toasty for dang sure. But what was surprising was the spiciness. With every draw, the peppery spiciness lingers on your tongue for a long time. I was at first worried that I might not be able to smoke the whole thing. I recently had a CAO Itallia Novella that stayed strong and spicy though out and I almost had to put it down. But then the spiciness of the DPG tamed after the first few draws to a point of being tasty.

After about an inch, the spiciness gone away and the other flavors became dominant. At that point, this cigar was a great smoke. It reminds me of some CCs I've had before. However, about half way down, this flavors gone away somewhat. It became a smooth smoking cigar and not the flavor bomb it was at first. Although it was still an enjoyable smoke, it didn't finish as strong as I would have liked. I would have to say that it wasn't a very complex cigar, but enjoyable regardless.

Looks like it will be some nice smoking :thumbs:

Nice review, :)

I've had both the robusto and the belicoso, and the strength of the belicoso was strong from beg. to end!

I smoked one of these on an empty stomach...by far the strongest cigar I've smoked so far...big mistake! I really enjoyed it and mine was the same strength the whole way through, so I guess it was different than yours. Definitely the best cigar I've smoked so far as well! I recommend it.

I had the Corona Especiale 1977 today. I didn't find it too strong, but I rarely find any DPG blends too strong, I think they are just right.

I sucked it down while throwing the dog a Frisbee and it was pure enjoyment. These are fabulous.

I got a 10'er of Perla 1952's from tkoepp in a contest that are going to be awesome for a short breakfast smoke.

I had the Corona Especiale 1977 today. I didn't find it too strong, but I rarely find any DPG blends too strong, I think they are just right.

I sucked it down while throwing the dog a Frisbee and it was pure enjoyment. These are fabulous.

I got a 10'er of Perla 1952's from tkoepp in a contest that are going to be awesome for a short breakfast smoke.

I picked up a box of the '77s from one of Al's crazy-days and boy-howdy are they tasty!

I had a few of the Perlas and they seemed a big young to me, esp. in the last third. Will let them rest and retry. Anyone else have this same experience?

It might have just been my mood but I found the one I tried to be far to potent and peppery to enjoy. I put it out before the 1st 1/2. I will give it a 2nd try someday I'm sure.

I also picked up a box of the Black Robustos from Al and the were a beautiful thing!

I also picked up a box of the Black Robustos from Al and the were a beautiful thing!

Yeah you got me hooked, picked up a box of beli's from al and looking at another box of robusto's.

This cigar (the toro) has quickly became one of my favorites. Great review, thanks :thumbs:

Nice review! I agree, these are good smokes for the money. I've got a box of Robustos on hand. I sort of alternate between my box of Blue Labels and these. :rolleyes:

I had my first DPG Black 1952 few days ago, and it was really tasty strong little bastid! Excelent with 12y old Chivas Regal :love: