• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia My Father Lancero

dulaney22

Banned
I spent Father's Day afternoon with my two beautiful girls. They enjoyed the pool, as did I for a little while, then I relaxed and partook in a fine lancero.

This is really a beautiful cigar. The wrapper is a dark, oily brown (fine veins) that appears perfectly constructed. Feel is stiff to the touch and the aroma was faint barnyard. Unfortunately, the wrapper cracked during cutting, but it didn't cause any problems with the smoke.

Slide1-1.jpg

The stogie lit easily and had a very nice draw. Black pepper and coffee notes were there to greet me. Quickly a buttery cream joined with nuts to create a wonderful array of flavors. About a third in, a nice, sweet spice appeared and the buttery undertones seemed to increase in presentation. The peppery spice faded more to a cinnamon-type flavor, but every now and then I would get a nice peppery Garcia blast. The last third was a diverse array of cinnamon sweetness, coffee and rich woody tastes. I was quite impressed with this cigar. It was much more robust and complex than the Pepin Blue Label Lancero I smoked yesterday.

Slide2.jpg

Great review and great pics. That's a cool looking cigar.

Here's a link to a video of David Savona and James Suckling comparing it to the Cohiba Lancero:

CA Video Link

I got another Pepin Blue from FatKen. I'm gonna light it up before long and see if the other was just a dud stick.

Nice review, I LOVE the My Father Lanceros. Has to be one of my top 10 smokes.

I honestly love most any Pepin lancero I can get my hands on, but I have found the blues a little underwhelming for some reason. I much prefer the robusto in the blue line.

My Fathers are excellent. Happen to be smoking a Father robusto right now and it is very similar to the lancero, IMO.

Nice review. Thanks for sharing.

I've been smoking a lot more lanceros as of late, and this is probably still one of my favorites. Nice review Lee!

Funny....I sent the below PM to a few brothers, this morning, who joined me for a HERF at my cabin this past February :thumbs:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little story

A couple months ago Henry, my hillbilly neighbor at the cabin, said he had a cigar for me. I went to his house and he hands me a My Father Lancero which looked a just a bit rough. I said "thanks man, where did you get this". He says....."one of the guys at your cigar thing gave it to me and I have been meaning to give it to you....it's been in my truck all winter but I kept it on the hump in the floor right under the heater so the cold wouldn't fuck it up" he was so proud of himself for "preserving" it for me I just had to keep it.

It has been in my humi for the last two months and I am smoking it today. It looks like it was dissected and rebuilt as it is unraveled and broken in more places than our government but believe it or not it is drawing okay and I haven't puked yet thumbs-up.gif

Have a good one brothers

I really enjoyed your review on this the pictures are a great touch.This is one on my list of wanting to try,and after you review it just went to the front of the line.Again thank you for taking the time,and happy to hear you had a nice fathers day
warm regards,
Bill