• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Sebastian

tdog

I was given a 1/2 a box of churchills last night that are about two years or more old. A family member passed away over a year ago and he owned a Corvette shop which my Grandmother took over ownership and my brother is running it. Anyway, he found a box of these in the office last week and gave them to me. The search didn't find but one mention of them from way back and it was just a mention of one in a PIF.

quick search on google shows - box of 25 for $43.00 - have never tried one.

I tried one once many years ago when I was just getting started with cigars. It was an awful smoke. I remember it being nasty. It was harsh. I can't remember about the draw or any other quality. All I remember is that it was an awful smoke.

But thinking further about the experience, the cigar was stored in one of those plexiglass, counter-top displays. It may not have been humidified properly for all I know. I was too much of a Newbie at that time to know what to look for.

Today, I would not rate any smoke poorly without trying at least 3 of any one smoke. I don't believe that you can rate a cigar after smoking just one. However, this is the only time I have decided a cigar was crap by only smoking one. But then again it was early on in my cigar smoking life.

I don't think they have been humidified properly. They seem pretty dry, I threw a few in my humi and will let them recuperate for a few months. I knew they weren't expensive but didn't know if they were good. Guess I'll just have to try them.