• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Done, thanks, need time off.

TonK

It's not the humidor...

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=71045&view=findpost&p=1071352 - here is the problem now.

The humidor is fine.

The Boveda packs are fine.

The cigars are fine.

You are defective.

Sounds like everything is "normal" other than you....is it possible you are coming down with a slight cold or sinuses that may be affecting things?

Sounds like everything is "normal" other than you....is it possible you are coming down with a slight cold or sinuses that may be affecting things?

That was suggested, but I feel fine.

The cigars aren't as "robust" as they were when I got them.

It was also suggested that my taste buds might be burned out a little.

Do I need to rotate my stock when using Boveda?

Sorry for the overly-OCD post.

Give it a few days and avoid the super spicy food before lighting up again. I find an all booze diet works wonders this time of year to fight off most colds. ;)

TonK, this is perfectly normal brother, no worries. ;) Sometimes cigar taste ebbs and flows. One dynamite cigar one week may taste like garbage the next week.

As long as your humidity is 65-70%, you'll be fine. Your buds may be burned out from the spicy food, so give it a few days.

OCDers unite!

How many cigars had you smoked that same day, prior to the ones you're writing about?
Just want to add that too. Palate burn-out happens. When I am smoking a lot of cigars in a day, say two or three, I start off with milder smokes working up to heavier as the day goes on. That is one definition of "rotating". Either that, or aliens stole your taste buds the night before. Don't laugh, it happens.

Thanks, you guys rock. You think I should use 69% or lower packs?

How many cigars had you smoked that same day, prior to the ones you're writing about?
Just want to add that too. Palate burn-out happens. When I am smoking a lot of cigars in a day, say two or three, I start off with milder smokes working up to heavier as the day goes on. That is one definition of "rotating". Either that, or aliens stole your taste buds the night before. Don't laugh, it happens.

This is embarrassing, but on Christmas Eve, I smoked 10 cigars at my local B&M from noon till 11.

Thanks, you guys rock. You think I should use 69% or lower packs?

This is embarrassing, but on Christmas Eve, I smoked 10 cigars at my local B&M from noon till 11.

Whew, at least it wasn't Aliens! Also, I don't like bovedas in a wooden humidor. Just calibrate your hygrometer often, and make damned sure that they are staying squishy. A good seal is imperative going that route. Keep track of how long they are lasting. They will eventually get solid, and you do not want them to get that way without some squishy ones in the box too.

Holy $@&$. Were you in some sort of contest? Sit back and relax and "sip" the cigar. Enjoy each draw and reflect on the flavors you're experiencing. It should take you over an hour to smoke a robusto size cigar. You might want to not smoke for the next three months and then see if the cigar tastes come back.

th_TonKchristmaseve2011.jpg

Holy $@&$. Were you in some sort of contest? Sit back and relax and "sip" the cigar. Enjoy each draw and reflect on the flavors you're experiencing. It should take you over an hour to smoke a robusto size cigar. You might want to not smoke for the next three months and then see if the cigar tastes come back.

Haha!

No contest... just went a little overboard.

Other than your palate being burnt out from that marathon session, try putting a couple of sharks in a dry box and seeing if you like them better a little drier. Sam I am. :)

Opus are famous for wrappers coming off with the band, Fuente uses JB Weld to fasten them on.

Thought I was the King of the Shit Pen when, I smoked 6 Opus on my NYC trip to Grand Havana Room, Scores, and some bars in SoHo.

Hats off to you.

edited- couldn't spell "yuo"

"Holy $@&$. Were you in some sort of contest? Sit back and relax and "sip" the cigar."

I'm with Moe on this one. You are beating up your taste buds :whistling:. Maybe when the holidays are over and you give up the marathon cigar smoking, everything will settle down again. The mechanics of your humidor seem fine. Maybe your cigars don't need rest.....you do :laugh: .

Steve

Let your Opus and Anejos sit out for an hour or two before you light them up. Usually helps.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

Yes, it's my taste buds.

Tried a few smokes at my B&M last night. Even a Padron Anniversary tasted like bland air.

It's really frustrating to me.

Has this happened to anyone here?