• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don't be a jerk!

Phil

Okay folks, I decided I was gonna post a review out of my notes. I really didnt want to, but then again this is a cigar I wanted to share with you all. And since I don't have a box or more to send around I thought I would post this.

Be nice!

Phil's Cigar Notes
12/9/2003
Saint Louis Rey
Corona
(ISOM)

This cigar had a nice dark and veiny wrapper. The cap was triple seamed and slightly crooked. The cigar felt fragile yet seemed constructed very well. I clipped The tiniest bit off of the cap and tested the draw, which was not super lush but was more than adequate. It smelled nice, but lacked that certain mustiness I usually associate with Habanos. I did not give this cigar a proper chance to sit prior to lighting ( I usually like to let a cigar sit for at least an hour outside a humidor that I keep at 70 RH.

Regardless of the fact that I smoked it rather "wet" IMHO, it lit right up. I used wood matches, my recent weapon of choice ( had 3 butane lighters crap out on me all in 2 weeks ), to which I have recently been told it doesn’t even matter! Anyway, the first puff or so was pleasant but lacked a certain depth that I look for and seemed to be a bit on the med. To mild side of things. I decided to puff this cigar a bit quicker than normal to see if I couldn’t bring out some flavor to what I felt was a rather bland cigar.

After about 5 minutes of 4 PPM the flavor and overall strength of the cigar changed very drastically to a medium to Full-bodied cigar with many pleasant "notes". I slowed my pace and sat back to enjoy what this cigar had turned into. I couldn’t believe it! I had all but given up on this cigar, but it seems I jumped the gun. I opened my Soda (Diet Pepsi) and took a sip glad to finally feel that I needed it, and took another puff. YUCK!!! I am not sure what that was all about but EWWWWW!! It seems that I hit a rather harsh spot in the cigar. Tasted kinda like I was smoking hay or something that burns HOT and HARSH with a very strong tang. I almost tossed it, but remembered reading something on the ICG message board about.letting the cigar burn past a rough spot and even back out into the smoke you remember a few puffs ago. So I set the cigar down and stared out into the sky, which was rather clear for the fact that it was raining heavily, for a few minuets and ignored the cigar. Once I felt I had given it time to relax I picked it back up. Just as promised the rough spot was gone and the previous full-bodied yummyness returned in full force.

I smoked this cigar down to the nub, and won't be able to wait long before I try and add this to my lineup and think I will post a wanted thread to see if I can't scare some of these up. Remind yourself to ask BLEEP what year this was as it looked to be pre-2000 (hence why I thought it looked "delicate")

I am not used to rating a smoke but I feel I have had quite a few and give this an overall 87 which I believe to be a good solid score and maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing but I gave it marks off for the slow intro and marks off for the rough spot. Plus sides include overall great construction, draw and taste. A fine Corona and a great intro for me into the world of Saint Louis Rey, Habanos style!

Phil

A very special thanks goes out to the STAND UP BOTL whom made this review possible, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE BRO! (I will refrain from names to avoid exessive mooching) I owe you one!

Hahaha... talking to yourself in your typed notes. :)

Good review. Slowly moving past the FNG title, I must say. :thumbs:

OH shoot!!! Edit that phishy, and I'll edit my post. I aint protectin NO names that way!!!

LMAO, I am glad you folks liked the review. I have enjoyed MANY of yours and hoped to help someone get an idea about this cigar before they acctually PURCHASE it!

Thanks again

Phil

Great review Phil,

Just to clearify for us stoopud heads... FNG= F***ing new guy, and FOG=F***ing old guy. ?? ?? ??

I ordered some SLR Regios, heard alot about them- now I'm anxious to try one :)

Toaster said:
Great review Phil,

Just to clearify for us stoopud heads... FNG= F***ing new guy, and FOG=F***ing old guy. ?? ?? ??

I ordered some SLR Regios, heard alot about them- now I'm anxious to try one :)
Your are correct bro.

thanks for the compliment on the review, it means a lot to me and you guys might see more then!

Give us a review when you get your Regios in!!!

Now the question is...............................

WHO HAS A 5er of these up for Sale/trade??? :0

Nice review Bro. Keep 'em coming. I trust your taste and hav tried numerous sticks on yours and a few other CP brothers advise/reviews. Never been steered wrong yet!!