• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Double Ended Cigar

Gipper76

I recall seeing someone else ask a question about this a couple months back but with no luck I haven't been able to find the thread and the search option just ain't cuttin it. So, my question is, I have a double ended cigar that obviously requires being cut I both ends. I've never had to do this before, so I want to know the proper way to go about this.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Those would be preferido shaped cigars and you don't HAVE to cut both ends but I would recommend it so it burns properly. Not really sure what specific question you are asking though. It's just a cigar and common sense should prevail and tell you not to clip the head too far or it will unravel. If your band fell off and your no longer sure which end is up look at the way it is rolled. The foot may be left a little open while the heads of most preferido shapes are generally closed. You can also tell by the way the wrapper leaf comes around at the head. These cigars do not have a cap or piece of tobacco to close the head. Usually the wrapper leaf wraps around then is twisted at the top before being trimmed off.

Those would be preferido shaped cigars and you don't HAVE to cut both ends but I would recommend it so it burns properly. Not really sure what specific question you are asking though. It's just a cigar and common sense should prevail and tell you not to clip the head too far or it will unravel. If your band fell off and your no longer sure which end is up look at the way it is rolled. The foot may be left a little open while the heads of most preferido shapes are generally closed. You can also tell by the way the wrapper leaf comes around at the head. These cigars do not have a cap or piece of tobacco to close the head. Usually the wrapper leaf wraps around then is twisted at the top before being trimmed off.

I appreciate the response and you answered my question exactly: do I need to cut both ends or what. Thanks for the response

Jason

you can probably cut the end that your going to put in your mouth and just torch the other end. Once you start drawing and burning the other end (the one not cut) you'll get your cigar going.

I love the figurado shape and smoke them on a regular basis. I have NEVER clipped the foot and, IMO, it's not needed. Just fire it up and start smoking. 90% of the time, you won't have any burn problems. The other 10% you can touch it up as you would any other cigar.

There are cigars that are cut at the factory to test for draw, and still wind up in the box. :0