• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Downstate Illinois Herf...

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
Well, we have set a tentative date of October 6th as the downstate Illinois herf. It will be in or around the Springfield area. No particular site has been confirmed yet, this is just a feeler to see who all might be interested. We will solidfy things as soon as we can get an idea of who and how many people are interested in coming. Please e-mail me and/or post to this thread if you are interested in attending. All are welcome and we hope to make it a great time for all!

Matt, I'm not in Illinois so I really shouldn't suggest a meeting spot, however, having gone to SIUC as an undergraduate, and having been in the area of Springfield, might I suggest, in a tongue and cheek manner, to meet at the Popeye statue in Alton. i loved my time in your fair state and Popeye was one of my favorite roadtrips. Metropolis was another; to visit Superman.Good luck with your plans.JerryG

Thanks for the thought Jerry. Alton is a bit out of the way of Springfield. And, Metropolis is way out of the way. When I said Springfield area I meant, like within a 5-10 minute drive. LOL
Another interesting point about Metropolis is that it's where a lot of really top notch pool/billiards players are from. Alton also has the nesting sites for bald eagles. Great viewing in the fall/winter.
Thanks for the input though!!

Thanks for the thought Jerry. Alton is a bit out of the way of Springfield. And, Metropolis is way out of the way. When I said Springfield area I meant, like within a 5-10 minute drive. LOL
Another interesting point about Metropolis is that it's where a lot of really top notch pool/billiards players are from. Alton also has the nesting sites for bald eagles. Great viewing in the fall/winter.
Thanks for the input though!!

I love that Delta area of your state. I found myself in Illinois by way of a girl, first, then school. Ever heard of Pana, Illinois. Rhonda was from Panama. Flat. Cornfields as far as you can see. Do you duck hunt? Lots of good hunting in the Mississippi Flyway area near you. I sometimes long for the days in Carbondale. But only for a few minutes. Billiards in Metropolis, hmmmm. Must be the Kyrpton in the water.JerryG

Pana is not far from Springfield at all. I don't duck hunt or hunt at all, but have a lot of friends that do. The only thing I would long for in Carbondale is Halloween. If you went there for school I think you know what I mean. SIU, the party school of Illinois. LOL I stayed north and went to ISU.

I've been told the "BIG" Halloween thing has been scaled down somewhat. Too much trouble brewed. I haven't been to C'dale since '87. Sometimes I miss the place, sometimes not. JerryG

The herf is ON with the date confirmed as October 6. More details to come out later, but the hours will be noon to midnight in a members only club in downtown Springfield (Charleys Club).
The event will be called 'Land of Lincoln Herf I'.
We will also have a preherf the evening of October 5.
Auctions and raffles too. If you feel the need to donate to the auction or raffle please e-mail me. Thanks to all.