• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DPG Black/Blue Label

PuffShePuff

I missed the deal on the DPG Black 10 packs a few days ago at Joecigar, but I ran across a pretty good deal at [topic="0"]Black Cat Cigar Company[/topic]. I ordered a box of 1979 Robustos for $82.75 + S&H. Looked like decent prices on both the Black and Blue Labels. Perlas for $55.25 a box. I've never dealt with this company before, so I can't speak for their service or anything.

I have something to say about Black Cat Cigar Co.

There was a post in the forums about them back when the servers were reset and I believe it was deleted. It talked about how the owner of Black Cat was upset with DPG and so was selling his sticks cheap. Anyway, I decided to order some DPG Blacks based on that post (it was well before the Joe Cigar special). After my order was placed, the store called to say it would be another week before they had more in. I thought it was strange that they were gong to order more, since the owner apparently was upset at DPG, but whatever.

When I heard it would take another week, I asked for them to cancel my order. I figured I'd get them from a local B&M much faster. The guy said he would. Last week they charged my card and sent me the box! When I called to complain, they were polite, admitted their mistake, and said to mail it back. I still need to do that.

Bottom Line: Everyone makes mistakes.

What I don't get is if they're (blackcat) clearing out there Pepin line due to there relationship, why is he still receiving boxes. Sounds abit fishy to me.

I also placed an order from them after reading that thread. Soon after placing the order I received an email from them telling me the order had been received and that I needed to give them a call. Instead of calling them back I sent an email inquiring as to what was up. Never got a reply back and pretty much forgot about it till I read this thread. Now after reading MTovarez's post I think I best go check out the credit card I used and make sure no charges have been made by Black Cat. Nice!! No cigars, no communications and I have to go research the matter with my credit card company to make sure I haven't been taken. That's everything I look for in an online retailer. WoooHooo!!!

While I don't have much experience or knowledge of Black Cat, I did place an order with them last year and everything went as expected. However, being that I only had one experience with them, I certainly wouldn't vouch for them (especially based on what I've read in this thread).

I did the same deal and purchased from black cat about 3 weeks ago. The only complaint I had was that it took 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to ship. I actually got tired of waiting and emailed to cancel my order, but received a call 2 hours later asking to confirm my shipping address.

What I don't get is if they're (blackcat) clearing out there Pepin line due to there relationship, why is he still receiving boxes. Sounds abit fishy to me.

Right, and the odd thing is that in this rebuttal from the owner of Black Cat, he claims that after the announcement, they did not place any more orders for pepin cigars-

LINK

I agree and laughably disagree with portions of Mr. Arzt’s words. I disagree that Black Cat is trying to “get even” with Pepin. We offer discounts of 40 percent or more on many products from many companies, not just Pepin’s, and we do this based solely on our business strategies. Also, we have not placed a single order with Pepin, contrary to Mr. Arzt’s statement, since we were informed that he would not be making the Rey Miguel cigars that we had put so much hope, effort, time, and money into.

On the other hand, I've ordered from them a few times and never had any issues.

Here's the original article for those curious LINK

I placed my order late in the evening on 5/18 via their website. The following morning (Monday) I received a call from a lady at Black Cat. She told me that they were out of 1979 Robustos, were expecting an order to arrive this week, and had some other sizes in stock if I didn't want to wait. I was after the Robustos , so I said send them when you get them. I figured that this shipment they have coming was a previously placed order and didn't strike me as particularly odd, even though they have a beef with Pepin. As of tonight my credit card has not been charged.

Jim

I have something to say about Black Cat Cigar Co.

There was a post in the forums about them back when the servers were reset and I believe it was deleted. It talked about how the owner of Black Cat was upset with DPG and so was selling his sticks cheap. Anyway, I decided to order some DPG Blacks based on that post (it was well before the Joe Cigar special). After my order was placed, the store called to say it would be another week before they had more in. I thought it was strange that they were gong to order more, since the owner apparently was upset at DPG, but whatever.

When I heard it would take another week, I asked for them to cancel my order. I figured I'd get them from a local B&M much faster. The guy said he would. Last week they charged my card and sent me the box! When I called to complain, they were polite, admitted their mistake, and said to mail it back. I still need to do that.

Bottom Line: Everyone makes mistakes.

I apologize in advance for bringing up an old topic and for quoting myself, but I felt I owed it to Black Cat Cigar Co. I mailed back my order and they credited my account, so all is well.