• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drawer Humidors

vernonator

I am quickly running out of room in my small 50 ct humidor and am looking to expand. I buy a lot of 5-ers and singles so I would like something with multiple drawers to easily sort things out. How well do these type of humi's hold their RH?
Here is a link to an example of what I am talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=11675

Thanks for the help

Vernonator

They work fine but I'm tellin ya, go to Wal-Mart, get a cooler for about 1/4 of the price and get these .

Take my word for it, it's the best way to store cigars, lots of em 'cause if you hang around here much longer, you'll outgrow a 300 ct humi in about a month. Keep your lose cigars in boxes inside the cooler, it makes organization much easier.

Then, you'll be looking to unload that in the buy-sell-trade thread for half of what you paid for it.

Keep your nice 50 ct humi on your desk and a coolerdor in a cool, dry place and all will be right with the world :D

Listen to this man! Bill knows of what he speaks. That is a really nice looking humi though. I've never seen one quite like it. Whatever you do be sure and click that link and get yourself some of Vern's magic beads. I had burn and draw problems regularly until I switched to the 65% beads. I rarely have a problem anymore.

Thanks for the advice - I already know how good the Climaxx beads are, use a tubos in my 50 ct Humi to keep things nice and regular.....I think I will just get a cooler, and maybe one of those Cedar liner kits from bargin humidors (or who ever had them).

Thanks

Hey Vernon,

A few of us have discussed the whole cedar lining idea but I tell ya, personally, I would not waste your time, energy or money.

First off when you put a few cigar boxes in a cooler (most cigar boxes are spanish cedar) you'll get more of that wonderful "cedar" smell than from any lining you'd glue or stick into the cooler (with tapes and adhesives that STINK :D )

I have a few wooden cigar boxes in my coolerdor and refrigerdor and everytime I open the doors, I'm greeted by that pleasant cedar aroma. If you don't have any cedar cigar boxes (well you will very soon, don't worry) you can get empty ones from your local cigar shop.

Secondly, you've got the added cost of that cedar. I say use that money on more cigars!!

Thirdly, it's additional time & labor taken away from smoking cigars to install that cedar (now I know I'm getting a little ridiculous here but.........)

And last but not least, when you outgrow that cooler or build a walk-in humi in your house, you can convert the cooler back to its original purpose BEER by merely emptying it instead of having to remove any cedar you glued on it. Or, if you ever have a cooler emergency, you can ziplock bag your stock for the day you need to use that cooler for a party or a tailgate!!

If you really want a cedar lining, you can go ask your local shop for some empty boxes, break them up and glue the pieces to the sides. You don't have to cover everything.

The boxes will do the trick though.