• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dreams..

PuroBrat

I am not here :^)
I want to know what people dream about. What do you want to happen once before you go out of this Mortal World?

Here is mine:

I was 40 when my son was born, so if I make it to 100, he will be 60. This I want to see. And on my 100th Birthday, I want my son to be my CoPilot as we fly this:

1960 Piper Aztec (it will be 100 as well)
2103_1989_4.jpg

from LA to NY.

I have a lot of work to do if I am to get this worn out, Fat A$$ of a Carcass of mine to make it to 100.

I figure if I get "some" exercise once in a while, drink more "good" Booze and smoke "more" Cuban Cigars, I just might make it. :D

That is my Life Time Dream, your turn...

I have actually flown a Piper......not an Aztec but a single engine Cherokee :D I have just over 20 hours in one :D

I'm too young to narrow my dreams down to just one. But topping the list would be "ruler of the free world... and the not-so-free world." :D

That's good stuff Puro.

Here's mine:

Right now I'm 33. I turn 34 this year (07-11). I made a promise to myself that at 50 I would be done. No more bills, no credit cards, no loans, no car payments, no nothing. WHY?

My grandfather I named my 8 year old after died at 72. He retired from the Army (early out in 1957), retired from city employment (Columbia, MO) in 1989. He and Grandma were real active in the Masons and the Eastern Star. They travelled everywhere...by car. Grandpa decided to hang it all up in 1990 and bought one of those gargantuan motorhomes. He suffered his 4th heart attack in 1992. He took it easy down at his cabin home on the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. He died in 1994 from his 5th heart attack.

I had a great uncle (grandpa's brother) that died of a massive heart attack when he was 39 (long before I was born). I figure the warranty on the tickers in my family run out around 50. Any time after that is almost borrowed. My youngest will be 21 when I turn 50 and the rest will be 25, 31, and 34. They will hopefully be fully involved in their lives and my wife and I can try and enjoy a retirement. I don't think I can wait 'till 63 (or 73 by the time I get there) to retire, so I hit it hard while being young so I can have some semblance of relaxation by 50.

I want to bounce the grandkids on my knee, counsel my sons on what life has in store for them, and enjoy my wife. Smoking a few cigars might be nice, but if the doctors say to quit, then I will (he's already reading me the riot act about my weight - I'm a short fat guy).

Retirement at 50 will be good enough for this guy. My family and I already enjoy a pretty decent lifestyle, so the 'stuff' in life isn't too important. The kids will be financially set for their kids, and our church and a few charities will become 5 zeros richer.

That's my dream. Just to kind of relax. Maybe fish, maybe hunt, maybe smoke, maybe play some golf, but most definitely no daily grind worrying about money or bills.

Kind of sappy, but that's the one. The airplane would be cool, but after I sold my boat, I decided to stick to some advice an old Italian guy told me.......

"Never, Never, Never BUY anything that Flys, Floats, or F**ks.........you can always RENT them" :p (I'm married so being rid of 2/3 isn't too bad!)

M. Gipson :thumbs:

Some cool dreams out there...
Well Iam youg,only 22 years old.So saying onething would be very hard to say,but ever since I was little I always wanted to be a business owner! Well my dream just came very true :) I just bought my first business,Iam not yet in there but will be very shortly! I just thank the lord for giving me this huge step In my life, I feel very lucky and Iam very thankfull to have this.

-Matt

More dreams people...

Matt,

What type of business are you in?

Remember this young padowan apprentice moneymaker - do not sell yourself short. You typed, "I feel very lucky and Iam very thankfull to have this." Luck is the collision of hard work, preparation, and timing. And humility is good, but don't chalk success or failure up to luck. Luck is what people call it when they don't understand it. Go out there and grab all that you can. Apply all of your skill, ingenuity, youth, and exuberance. Don't take no for an answer...........and after the 10th 'NO'......... try the close again. And leave luck to the suckers.

Make sure you give back. Some to the church, some to a charity or two. Don't be afraid to give your employees bonuses and days off WITH pay. Make sure that homeless guy on the corner has a xmas gift and coffee. Be a good steward of your profits and remember to save twice as much as you blow.

I'm 33 and I ran my own business for 8 years. Hazardous Waste Management. Now I teach. A lot less money, but also a lot less stress, plus I get to see my wife and kids everyday.

BTW. Welcome aboard! You'll need those profits to keep up with some of the smokes these guys huff.

gawntrail said:
Luck is the collision of hard work, preparation, and timing.
It been said 100000 time, but that's still some of the best advice in the world :) :thumbs:

I was reminded this several times by friends and family when I got my job - basically my dream job - marketing :) I also have a standing offer to take over my mom's advertising agency in case I want to do marketing for myself instead of for others. :thumbs:

My true dream is have a healthy family of my own that I can support. Once I retire, I'd also love to just travel the hell out of the world photographing landscapes in infrared.

My wild dream is to have enough to spend at least a month per year in four cities: Charlotte - my hometown, New Orleans - play trombone in a dixieland band (that's where the name comes from), Charlseton - on a sloop in the public marina, Galveston TX - I just love the feel of the little island - mucho photographing ops here :)

Cheers,
Dixie

Gawntrail> Smokers Only just bought a Cigar Shop, pretty cool eh?

I need to clarify something: The Aircraft in the picture is NOT mine. I do not own an airplane, nor do i have a pilots license. :( You see, being able to fly, and owning a Twin Engine Prop plane from 1960 is part of the dream. ;)

Just wanted to clear that up, now back to your dreams, c'mon guys, everyone has a dream

PuroBrat said:
owning a Twin Engine Prop plane from 1960 is part of the dream. ;)
That plane would cost you about $100,000....cash in the IRA and 401K

A pilots license that will allow you to fly a twin prop plane will cost you anywhere
$8,000 - $15,000

Kids don't really need college do they?? Airline pilots make good money :)

Now you are hitting on WHY it is a dream. But you never know, if the stars line up just right, and the moon is in the right house, hey, anything can happen. The part of the dream I worry about most is making it to 100 ???

Fat guys die young. According to some test my wife ran on me, I will not make it to 49, my life will end at 48.8 years of age :( This is rather disturbing to a 43 yr old.

Puro,

That's awesome. I wonder when the CP Samplers start flyin'?

Owning your own business is like marrying a very beautiful women. You spend a lot of time scurrying around trying to makes sure the lookers on the outside do not have more going on than you do.

Matt, congratulations on the big step. A few (probably redundant) suggestions: Make sure your first order of business is to get someone fair and you can trust to help you with the financials.
Get yourself a line of credit at a local bank to float your inventory, and get the locals into your shop.
Word of mouth is the best advertising.
Make sure you set yourself apart from those dirtbag cigarette stores.
Don't let any deadbeats get into you for 'credit'.
Cash only.
Check out the most favorable credit card vendor rates, and get one of those mini ATMs that don't cost you anything.
Make sure you smoke with your best customers and invite the newbie to join you guys in the corner.
And find out how to stock all of the good cigar magazines, and the 'tasteful' mens magazines.

Man, I already want to go o your shop! Where's it at?

M. Gipson :p

gawntrail said:
Puro,

That's awesome. I wonder when the CP Samplers start flyin'?

Owning your own business is like marrying a very beautiful women. You spend a lot of time scurrying around trying to makes sure the lookers on the outside do not have more going on than you do.

Matt, congratulations on the big step. A few (probably redundant) suggestions: Make sure your first order of business is to get someone fair and you can trust to help you with the financials.
Get yourself a line of credit at a local bank to float your inventory, and get the locals into your shop.
Word of mouth is the best advertising.
Make sure you set yourself apart from those dirtbag cigarette stores.
Don't let any deadbeats get into you for 'credit'.
Cash only.
Check out the most favorable credit card vendor rates, and get one of those mini ATMs that don't cost you anything.
Make sure you smoke with your best customers and invite the newbie to join you guys in the corner.
And find out how to stock all of the good cigar magazines, and the 'tasteful' mens magazines.

Man, I already want to go o your shop! Where's it at?

M. Gipson :p
Thank you very much... And I have been giving some thought to what you said about "luck" In your first post, your 100% right on that! Thank you!!!
Anyhow like I said In my first post,Iam not in there yet but I will be very soon,The shop is located In Michigan In a city called Plymouth...
Once I get In there I invite all that can come out and take a look and so I can meet some good people that are on this board!

And like I said before,Once I get In there and get my feet wet ALL of the members here can expect some good deals coming from my way :)

-Matt

The Dream Department....

I guess this falls into 'If money was no object' category.

Buy a blue water capable world-crusing boat. Something that you can give up living on land and call Home. Somewhere above 70ft in length. Take the boat, some crew, friends or family and go disappear into the south Pacific tropics for 2 years going from island to island. Staying where you want for as long as you want. :)

Kryo,

"Take the boat, some crew, friends or family and go disappear into the south Pacific tropics for 2 years going from island to island. Staying where you want for as long as you want."

Now, you are talkin'. That sounds sweet. I got a buddy in FIJI. He says the South Pacific is breathtaking. I'm not sure if he meant the little grass skirts or the scenery (maybe one in the same ;) ).

Cool Dream Brother!

Let me see:

1) Have a great wife and family. DONE

2) Retire at 50. DONE

3) Travel to places I haven't been to yet in the US. Working on it!

4) Spoil my grandkids rotten! Gotta get the kids out of college and on their way first! ;)

Well I'm halfway through! :D

I am 60, own my business (fire alarm installation & service), and am financially secure. My bride of 36 years is my best friend and I hope all of you connect with someone as nice.

I have 2 kids, a daughter 29, married with plans for children and a son (31) single but with someone special. Spoiling grandchildren is one of my dreams.

I enjoy my work too much to walk away from it at this time. I see myself cutting back on the hours or selling the business in the future, but have yet to to figure out what next. Travel is cool, been to nice places, but with the risk to Americans at so many places I am not that enthusiastic.

My mother is 95 and in great health. Never been in the hospital except to have children. She is not at all diminished by her age. I hope I share her genes. .

I enjoy stone sculpture and spend my free time making large stones smaller. I have sold several pieces and see a future leading in that direction.

I consider myself very fortunate.

I just want to grow old with my wife and see my grand-daughter, Lexee, grow up to be the success I know she can be. :love:

Enough money to live well enough off of investments.

Seen 49 states ... Alaska next year

Take wife to Stonehenge and me to Machu Pichu.

RV big enough to live in full time while visiting different hanggliding sites and fishing lakes.

You see, being able to fly, and owning a Twin Engine Prop plane from 1960 is part of the dream.

Hey PB, when you get that pilot's license and that plane I wanna a plane ride ;)