• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew estate disc a lot of lines

So, I'm not understanding what they mean by "2021 box...". What's the difference between the '21 and whatever else is on the shelves? Whatever that means, it looks like the entire UC Sun Grown line is being axed (at least in the '21 box?). That's probably my favorite DE cigar, especially in the corona vitola.

I can't help but wonder if all the difficulty in the cigar industry isn't a calculated plan to eliminate something that is frowned upon by certain groups/organizations? The same with guns and ammo, make it so expensive that people can't afford to shoot?

Well, personally I think we are dealing with several possibilities. Tobacco is becoming more difficult to obtain in general. #2 is the industry looking at what makes money, what moves and what does not despite what our personal opinions might be. They are in business to make money and you do that by what does move.

Going back to before Steve Saka left DE, the Liga line was kick you in the azz great. When Saka left, the blend changed and perhaps so did the sales. I for one would have walked a mile for the original Liga #9. After the change I tried the new batch and put it on the forget list.

Who knows what the changes in climate have done, then add Covid and a increasing lack of rollers. Trickle down effects has impact and we will never know what prompted this, but it is done.

And perhaps one last thought, pending legislation for flavored cigars which may come about, and after seeing the list on HalfWheel, there were plenty of sticks that fit the flavored category.

Just another dogs tail wagging.

Well, personally I think we are dealing with several possibilities. Tobacco is becoming more difficult to obtain in general. #2 is the industry looking at what makes money, what moves and what does not despite what our personal opinions might be. They are in business to make money and you do that by what does move.

Going back to before Steve Saka left DE, the Liga line was kick you in the azz great. When Saka left, the blend changed and perhaps so did the sales. I for one would have walked a mile for the original Liga #9. After the change I tried the new batch and put it on the forget list.

Who knows what the changes in climate have done, then add Covid and a increasing lack of rollers. Trickle down effects has impact and we will never know what prompted this, but it is done.

And perhaps one last thought, pending legislation for flavored cigars which may come about, and after seeing the list on HalfWheel, there were plenty of sticks that fit the flavored category.

Just another dogs tail wagging.
Agreed, pre-Swisher Ligas were AMAZING. After Swisher, not worth smoking anymore for me. Far too many cigars that are miles better, than the Post Swisher Ligas and for a good bit cheaper too!

So, then there is this:

(Voodoo Paul brought this to my attention and I was going to let him post it here in a thread, but the conversation has shifted this way so it is very relevant to right now. All credits go to him, though.)

So, I'm not understanding what they mean by "2021 box...". What's the difference between the '21 and whatever else is on the shelves? Whatever that means, it looks like the entire UC Sun Grown line is being axed (at least in the '21 box?). That's probably my favorite DE cigar, especially in the corona vitola.

The only thing that I found from a quick Google search is that 21 was the year they did the Dogman release. Why not just call it that on the list? Unless they do mean the whole UCSG line, which is a shame, because I also really like that cigar.

It looks like DE is trimming A LOT of fat off that list. I think a lot of it has to do with what Pug said. Shortage of workers and tobacco availability. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. DE's line up as always been a bit bloated.