• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

dried out and need help

triggerpuller

i have had multiple humidors over the last few years, sold all but one and kinda got away from smoking, not really sure why. anyway, i let the humidity in my humidor drop to the 30-40 for about 6 months or better with about 15 cigars inside, they are pretty much toast now. is there anything i can do to revive them or are they a lost cause. appreciate the help.

triggerpuller

You can gradually bring them back up to humidity by slowly introducing moisture...but they've lost a ton of their flavor due to drying out.

You've got absolutely nothing to lose by trying.

My guess is though that Tony is correct, you may get them to absorb moisture but the flavor won't be there as it should be.

Again, ya got nothing to lose by trying.

Welcome to CP!!! :thumbs:

I would say it depends on the cigars if I would waste the time and humi space trying to bring them back.

If they aren't really good smokes to begin with, I'd just toss 'em and start over.

Now if they were really good smokes, no harm in trying. Just do it slowly over a couple of months (5-6).
I'd use a tuperware/rubbermaid container and that way you can get the humi back up to speed and continue smoking and storing the good stuff. :thumbs:

its not a terrible loss i have a few don guillermo torpedos,cao brazilio, couple comacho's of various sizes, cao l'anniveraire1998, 3-4 cao honey golds, a la gloria cubana, a handfull of american stogies, and a few unlabeled items i dont remember about. anyway, i appreciate the help.

triggerpuller