• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drop in RH... Natural?

azdbacks10

Being a beginner to cigar smoking, I wanted to get a good humidor that I wouldn't have much trouble with. Because of this, I purchased a Daniel Marshall Private Stock 65 count humidor. I have been recharging the humidor at the beginning of every month with distilled water. After recharging, the humidor jumps to the 67-68% mark. Now, halfway through the month, the humidor has dropped to 65%. Is this normal for most humidors, or am I having a slight sealing issue?
-Danny

Sounds normal, and 65% is a great rh to store your cigars at. No cause for concern.

Sounds normal, and 65% is a great rh to store your cigars at. No cause for concern.
Thank you for the quick response. I was less worried about the RH percentage and more worried about the drop throughout the month! Glad to hear it's normal!

If all you have is a 3% variation in RH, you couldn't ask for a better range (65%-68%). Sounds perfect to me. I doubt you have any sort of sealing issue, as it's normal for this type of fluctuation.

Also, living in PHX, I assume your humidity is in the teens. That means every time you open the humi, you're going to lose some. It just happens.