• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drop the Tua stuff!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Good lord but our sports media is irresponsible!

As I drove yesterday I listened to 27 different people talk about how MIke McDaniel and the Dolphins should be crucified! For God sake, the doctors said he was okay to play ...... and that's all that matters. If you want to talk about the protocol, that is discussion worth having.

One guy called McDaniel a liar.

One guy said he should have held Tua out even though the doctors said he was fine.

Numerous people said "they could see, in last weeks game, that Tua wasn't okay".

Numerous people said "they could tell in Thursday's game that Tua wasn't okay because he wasn't playing well". So far this year, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Russel Wilson, Matt Satfford, should all have been held out of games because they were clearly not right in the head as evidenced by poor performances.

The are so many cases where the team mistreats an injury that it isn't even funny. Tua is a commodity and the team treated him like that. Why not err on the side of safety, no they want him out there to win. He shouldn't have gone back into the game during the previous game. But Tua probably asked to go back in and said it was his back.

Stop listening to talk radio, too many idiots on air and calling in.

But if I understand correctly, it's 100% in the control of an "independent" doctor? It is not up to the team or the coach to determine if he is "able" to play.

Not that the NFL isn't one of the most corrupt organizations in the world and probably figures out ways to do what they want, but if the doc says the guy is okay, what coach would say "nah, I'll hold out our most important player even though he has been given medical clearance?"

According to ESPN the neurologist that cleared Tua was fired. Apparently he missed several signs in examining him
neurologist "Whats your name?"
Tua "Three"
neurologist "Close"

neurologist "What do you do for a living?"
Tua "Hut"
neurologist "Close enough"

Tua "Is that you mom"
neurologist "Last night, close enough"

According to ESPN the neurologist that cleared Tua was fired. Apparently he missed several signs in examining him
Tony, I guess this is what I was hinting at in the original post. Talking heads went on adnauseum yesterday that McDaniel and the Dolphins should crucified, now they say the neurologist is fired.

Why can't our media have some sense of responsibility and accept that their job is to "report" ........ not "make" news.

Tony, I guess this is what I was hinting at in the original post. Talking heads went on adnauseum yesterday that McDaniel and the Dolphins should crucified, now they say the neurologist is fired.

Why can't our media have some sense of responsibility and accept that their job is to "report" ........ not "make" news.
Can you say fubar!

The problem is that you voluntarily listened to 27 different people whose job is to incite with their subjective opinions.

You solved the problem yourself: stop listening to talking heads. They literally get paid to raise your blood pressure.