• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Duck Hunters

Jeff1101

G21
Just wondering how many Duck hunters we have out there. For the first time in eight years I will give it a try again. Got into a lease this year with my son, it will be his first year to hunt ducks and the first time to hunt rice fields. I find myself looking forward to the opening of the season much like a kid on Christmas day. Just wondering if their are any other die hard duck hunters. I will post a pic from the blind as soon as I take a camera to the blind.

When I was much younger I killed hundreds and hundreds. I haven't done it in many years, though.

Besides, I got tired of that damned dog always laughing at me.

3442kpi.jpg

When I was much younger I killed hundreds and hundreds. I haven't done it in many years, though.

Besides, I got tired of that damned dog always laughing at me.

3442kpi.jpg

The dog never laughed at me....................really...............................never!

:sign:

PJ

It's supposed to be 70 degrees Wednesday, opening day. I think I'm going to sit it out until the weather get's cold.

Only ducks I hunt is El Pato hot sauce. I was brought up on that shit. It was put in my milk bottle! Good stuff!

I'm going to give it a try for the first time this year. I use to be a big quail hunter but now mostly deer. Ive got a couple buds wanting me to tag along so we'll see how it goes. Good Luck!

I have been hunting waterfowl for years and there is nothing more spectacular than hearing hundreds of birds come flying over your head to land in your spread. And man oh man, the art of calling the birds in is just amazing. It is a whole different hobby.

Best of luck, you are in for a great treat. Don’t shoot what you won’t eat!

I absolutely love duck hunting. I do a lot of hunting and duck is by far my favorite. Nothing better than laying in a field on a layout blind with ducks landing all around you completely oblivious to you being there.

Sometimes just sitting on a lake in the canoe is enough for me. I wear the hunters jacket and hold the gun just in case anyone sees me :) Theres nothing like watching, and I mean really watching the sun come up... just amazing.

Sometimes just sitting on a lake in the canoe is enough for me. I wear the hunters jacket and hold the gun just in case anyone sees me :) Theres nothing like watching, and I mean really watching the sun come up... just amazing.

It is a magical time of day. The past two a sunrise have been overcast so no great sunrise. I have got to remember to bring that camera. The ducks have not made it here yet still having a good time tough. My son killed his first duck today. I have had time to enjoy a few good smokes.

Another waterfowl hunter here though nothing spectacular in GA. A few woodies and your shootings over in 30 minutes or less.

My uncle ran a 5000 acre plantation in SC when I was younger. It was an old rice plantation on the Edisto River. Back in the 70's, pintails and mallards swarmed like blackbirds. Haven't seen anything like it since.