• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dunhill Rollagas Repairs?

Fuscat

I recently acquired a Dunhill Rollagas lighter in a box of junk from my neighbor. Upon inspection its in pretty good shape. The case is a little worn but still has its gold plating in-tact. I filled it with fuel and after a few tries got it to sorta light. However the flame was at blow torch levels and after messing around with it got it to where the flame is only a meer 4-5 inches tall! :0

Needless to say the fuel burned pretty fast and it required a refill. This time when I refilled the tank, the lighter started leaking the fuel out everywhere. From the filler valve, from the flame port under the cap, pretty much everywhere.

My guess is a good full service on it would be the best route, however I am a bit scared of the price quote I will recieve back from Dunhill customer service. I just finished sending their customer service center an email.

I realize these are pretty pricey lighters but was hoping someone may be able to point me somewhere that may end up being cheaper to service/repair the lighter. Has anyone had one of these serviced? Know of anywhere to send it?

Thanks in advance!

Derick, bring it in to the shop and I will get it taken care of for you!

Derick, bring it in to the shop and I will get it taken care of for you!

Don't do it...

He's just trying to lure you into his shop full of evil, nasty things... :sign:

Nice gesture Smoky (see, no e) . :thumbs:

Thanks! I will do Brad, I appreciate that! Hoping to stop by there this weekend anyway!

*edit* just checked my email and wanted to add for anyone else who may be curious or find this thread on a search, I just got an email from Customer Service @ Dunhill and they qouted 60.00 GBP or $112! :eek:

That's not bad for what you got! It's like finding a Dupont in a garage sale for $5!I would pay $120 to fix it if it was a $600 lighter!