• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Eagle rare 17

carddoug

Banned
Eagle rare 17 is released as part of the buffalo trace antique collection... Expect a review of the weller and stagg soon! The nose on this bourbon isn't that impressive in my opinion. I get mostly vanilla, nuts, and a dash of leather.

The taste in the first third is kind of sweet like toffe or caramel that quickly develops into some leather and oak taste in the second third of the taste. The finish mirrors the first two thirds of the sip, with almost no alcohol burn...

At 90 proof this is the lowest of the proofs from the bourbons I purchased. I prefer bourbons to be 100 proof or above. But eagle rare is very smooth and very flavorful. It's a nice smooth, balenced in flavor,tasty sip. If you can find a bottle, pick it up. It may surprise you. A solid A grade for me! Thanks for reading! ;)

Yes... You got to remember. I live in Frankfort where it is made. So we probably get it before anyone else lol