• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Easy Chicken Parmesan

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I've been making this easy recipe for quite some time and we love it! If anyone else has simple/easy recipes, please share!!

Easy Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients

4 Boneless chicken breasts
1 Egg
½ Cup milk
Seasoned (Italian) bread crumbs
Olive oil
Mozzarella cheese (8 or more slices)
Sauce (recipe below)
Parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Cut chicken breasts in half. Flatten each half carefully (I use a large Ziploc bag and a rolling pin) as thin as possible. Whisk together egg and milk, then add flattened chicken to mixture. Set aside.

In a large skillet or saucepan, add approximately quarter cup of olive oil. Turn heat on medium. In a large Ziploc (can be same one used to flatten), pour generous amount of bread crumbs (I use Italian). Take chicken pieces and let drain briefly, then drench in breadcrumbs. Place each piece of chicken in pan/skillet and cook each side until golden brown. May have to add more olive oil during cooking.

Once all chicken is done, spread in bottom of a baking dish. Cover chicken with generous layer of mozzarella, and then pour sauce over chicken and cheese. Add more mozzarella and sprinkle a generous coating of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top. Place in 350F oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with pasta (I prefer angel hair).

Basic Sauce For Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 onions chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed/minced
15 oz tomato sauce
15 oz tomato chunks (optional)
½ cup red wine
1 teaspoon dried leaf Basil
½ teaspoon dried leaf Oregano

Heat olive oil in deep saucepan over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic. Sautee’ approximately 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes. I usually slide the lid back for steam to escape and simmer for approximately an hour letting the sauce reduce down. I like mine thick and rich.

Yummmy!!!!! Will have the wife cook this up for us. :) Thanks for the recipe. About the only easy ones I know involve a grill and hot dogs (spicy), and some beans and a microwave. :) We are not too culinary inclined. lol

Don

Yummmy!!!!! Will have the wife cook this up for us. :) Thanks for the recipe. About the only easy ones I know involve a grill and hot dogs (spicy), and some beans and a microwave. :) We are not too culinary inclined. lol

Don

Hey, I'm interested in any recipe (microwave and/or grilled)! Spicy hot dogs sound mighty fine to me!! :D

Yup, all you do is go to the nearest supermarket, and buy em!! hahahahaha. :) Wish I had the time and or energy and wanting to do stuff like that on my own. But if something cannot be made fully within like 30 mins max, it is not worth it to me. ;) Just my humble .02!! However, I will be trying your recipe, as the wife and I do enjoy Chicken parm!!!!

Don