• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ebay bummer

Shahnbuckeye

Bought a Peterson billiard on Ebay for $26. Several pictures were included in the auction and the pipe looked nice. The auction text described the pipe as lightly smoked, cleaned and sterilized.

Got the pipe today and there is a large putty fill on the front of the bowl which was not visible in the pics. Would any of you guys make this an issue? Or would you just chalk it up as a cheap lesson? I guess what irks me the most is that no mention was made in the item description of an obvious fill in the briar. Oh well, live and learn.

Raise hell. I do. That's a significant flaw and should have been mentioned in the description.

Doc.

Raise hell. I do. That's a significant flaw and should have been mentioned in the description.

Doc.

What Doc said. Be polite, but firm. If they're reputable, they'll take care of you. If they won't, take it to ebay's system.

You may not get satisfaction either way, though. That's what stopped my ebay buying altogether.

More than likely, the seller has thousands of feedbacks and your negative won't mean squat, but their return negative will make you look like a bad guy.

Welcome to Ebay........home of the scam artists.

There is no such thing as a return negative any more. Buyers can only receive positive feedback.

I've worked a lot of issues on eBay with folks. Most of the sellers are clueless, not scammers.

I would contact them, simply state that the pipe was not in the condition you expected, and ask if you can return the pipe for a refund.

If they agree, ask them to confirm the amount of the refund and their address... and then go from there.

Good luck! I've had some really weird and awkward things happen, but I've gotten some great buys too.

One of the positives of using PP is their resolving of grievances function. Usually, money is refunded in a clear cut case like this. Keeps it more civil. What sucks is when you don't know the pitfalls and it's not so clear cut.

This should be resolved easily.