• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edit: T Frank coffin issue : Video Added

Wigwam

Banned
I think i was too strong on my post. Franks will live, but I have put a youtube video together to address the issue. Yes they will be smoked today at an event at the Humidor.

Franks Issue

Working on it. At the Motel, When I get home, I will take pictures.

I'm upset about this...it was my box I sold to him. I craked the seal, but never opened the foil. I wish i would have inspected further to see the damage before sending them out.

Mine weren't tied, they were taped just like yours. And then they were wrapped in that black paper. Mine fit real tight in that coffin, don't see how that could happen, at least the way mine came. Here's a question: With only 600 sticks produced, do they produce a bunch more for problems like that?

Here's a question: With only 600 sticks produced, do they produce a bunch more for problems like that?

Don't know who makes T-Franks... but I would imagine that if the cigar company doesn't have extras, the dealer can get a refund and then get their money back from the company.

I got my box today, and the horror !!!!! Some of the Franks were smashed up due to the black tie they used. They "taped" the cotton band together instead of making a knot or something.

What do you mean? How did the tie contribute to smashed cigars? Without a box smashed, and the original paper and tie intact, that is quite remarkable. Manufacturers have a pretty good handle on boxing cigars so they aren't damaged in shipping. Especially Pepin, and Johnson. I'm sure they would like to see picture as well.

Mine weren't tied, they were taped just like yours. And then they were wrapped in that black paper. Mine fit real tight in that coffin, don't see how that could happen, at least the way mine came. Here's a question: With only 600 sticks produced, do they produce a bunch more for problems like that?

There were far more than 600 sticks produced, the retail run was 666 boxes, 650 went to retailers, I'd assume there are some left over.

Also, what Monk said. Both of my boxes were packaged really well, bound, tightly wrapped and no wiggle room for the sticks, I can't see how they would take damage unless it was out of the box.

The 2009 Tatuaje Dracs are supposedly coming out with two fang marks in the cap... ;)

Seriously though, the band was tight on my box. And the way they were banded, the three cigars on the outer edge were imprinted with a 1/2 inch indention and wrapped tightly in the black paper. I do not believe anything but the tightness of the "ribbon" was the culprit. Once the band was removed and put in the humidor, they "fluffed" out. Slight indentation at the most. Hopefully the same can be said with your box Wigs...

edit: grammar

I liked the way you rolled the cigar back and forth! :blush:

Oh..and Woodson is probalby on the right track.

By far i'm no expert but I would say that was from the ribbon. Some of yours slightly resemble my top ones also. And for the wise guys out there, it's not because they are the same cigars.

Wet/moist(fresh) cigars are often bundle quickly. I've seen most of my ribboned cigars have a few sticks that have an indent.

A couple of mine have that indentation from the ribbon as well. One is actually bent at maybe a 15 degree angle because of it. Smoked fine...all cosmetic.