• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Educating the Newb Contest

tkoepp

Lil' RASScal
I have to get rid of a few sticks, to make some room, thus resulting in a contest.

To the deserving newbie the rules are as follows:

- You must be a newb that has joined the forum within the past 4 months.
- One post...no editing.
- You must get all the questions correct to win.
- There will only be one winner.

1) What does "Tripa larga, totalmente a mano" mean?

2) What is the title of a song from 1928 that was written and popularized by a Cuban composer named Joseito Fernandez? And why does this apply to this forum?

3) What is located at 520 Industria St.? When did it open? and by who?

4) What is grown in the Vegas Finas de Primera in the San Juan y Martinez and San Luis zones of the Vuelta Abajo region?

5) Who was a German banker that moved to Havana in 1844?

Insight you are the winner, please PM me your addy...
Good play all... hope you had fun

1.completely by hand manufactured longfiller
2.Guantanamera - beauty of women?
3.The Partagas Cigar Factory Don Jaime Partagas 1845
4. cohiba
5. Herman Upmann

1) What does "Tripa larga, totalmente a mano" mean? Long Filler, made totally by hand

2) What is the title of a song from 1928 that was written and popularized by a Cuban composer named Joseito Fernandez? And why does this apply to this forum?

The song is Guantanamera (Guajira Quantanamera). Other than the obvious cuban aspect I assume the applicability is the song also talks about making passes (at a woman, not of cigars)

3) What is located at 520 Industria St.? When did it open? and by who?

The Partagas factory in Havana. It was opened in 1845 by D. Jaime Partagas, but was not officially the La Flor de Tabacos de Partagas y Cia factory until 1865.

4) What is grown in the Vegas Finas de Primera in the San Juan y Martinez and San Luis zones of the Vuelta Abajo region?

The tobacco used in such habanos as Cohibas and HDM's

5) Who was a German banker that moved to Havana in 1844?

Hermann Upmann
[/quote]

Thanks for the contest!

How did you get the answers? Is there an intro to cigar class I don't know about?

:sign:

I'm such a sucker. I reread the entire newbie intro threat again just to prove it doesn't mention anything about 1928 Cuban composers, then reread the last post. Timeless read nonetheless. :thumbs:

Actually all answers are found in the "The Complete Guide for the Habanos Enthusiasts".. and also on www.google.com

Just got the package and all I can say is wow! I have only tried one of these and almost all of them are ones I have actually been looking to try. Thanks for a great contest and a great prize to a very generous BOTL!